At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
This position is responsible for Java EE or ADF based systems development, which includes system analysis, system designing, programming, debugging, defect fixing, testing, application performance analysis, and deployment.
How you will make an impact:
- Perform as a senior software engineer that builds and supports customer solutions and can provide innovative solutions for immediate and strategic business use cases.
- Design, develop, and maintain responsive web-services.
- Build highly scalable, high performing backend APIs.
- Write high quality code with utmost attention to scalability, security, and performance.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Collaborate closely with Engineering leadership, Product Managers, Designers, Test Automation and other teams and business units to define, prioritize, sequence and scope business and functional requirements and drive results.
- Accurately scope effort identifies risks and clearly communicate trade-offs with team members and other stakeholders.
- Implement high quality products and features with an end-to-end mindset from conception to completion.
What we look for:
- Degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent technical education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principles.
- Read and interpret EDI specifications and develop mapping routines.
- Strong Experience working with JMS, J2EE, XML, XSD, XQuery, XSLT, XPath SOAP, WSDL.
- Experience in API Management, Micro Services design.
- Design and development of REST services using Java/J2EE.
- Experience in Object Oriented Design, Design Patterns, Integration Design Patterns.
- Coordinating with cloud initiatives and movement towards API/micro-services.
- Working Knowledge of core Java/JDBC/data sources and java callouts for OSB integration.
- Working Knowledge of JDBC and Data sources usage & Eclipse for OSB development.
- HealthCare and/ or Dental Insurance industry experience.
- Experience in WebLogic 11g, WebLogic 12c, Oracle OSB (Oracle Service Bus) Fusion Middleware.
- Programming in Java and writing Oracle PL-SQL.
- Experience working with EDIFECS or similar toolkit for creating routes end to end developing mapping, troubleshoot and read logs from the toolkit.
- Minimum 5 years of experience designing and developing web-services and secure consumer-facing web applications.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Advanced verbal and written communications skills, including stand-up presentations.
- Experience with developing and deploying applications on AWS or private cloud.
- Experience with the full stack of software development.
- Strong backend APIs skills.
- Experience with Scrum, Agile Methodology.
- Test-Driven Development and knowledge of mocking frameworks such as EasyMock, Mockito.
- Proven experience in several of the following technologies:
- Spring Framework including, Spring, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud.
- Web Services: Spring-WS, Jersey, Apache CXF, Axis.
- Databases: Oracle, MySql, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra.
- Distributed Cache: Coherence, Redis.
- Build & CI Tools: Maven, Jenkins, grunt, npm, etc.
- Application Servers: Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic, etc.
- Familiarity and working knowledge with deploying applications with container technology (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
Due to COVID-19, there is an even greater demand for flexibility and change. Due to the pandemic, the expectation around work location for certain roles may be remote until a future date, determined by Delta Dental Management. Should the position you seek be determined by Delta Dental Management as “remote,” the position may require you to have access to remote internet in order to meet the expectations outlined in the job duties.
Please note, Delta Dental will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. As an employee you’ll take part in our mission to become the trusted health partner by collaborating with our communities and employees to reimagine and deliver new possibilities in an ever-changing environment. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be provided if selected for hire.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation/paid time off
- Professional Development
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance