Degenkolb Engineers is looking for an Associate Project Manager to join our team in Los Angeles. This individual will leverage their experience and PM fundamentals to play a critical role in the successful delivery of engineering and construction projects in the California healthcare sector.
Who we are
Our firm is highly collaborative and filled with experts who are united by a commitment to professional development, industry involvement, taking pride in ownership, and respect for our personal lives. We listen to each other and value feedback from all perspectives, and we believe that these traits have helped to create a truly great place to grow our careers.
Careers at Degenkolb are ideal for high-performing individuals who thrive in an environment where they'll work on multiple interesting projects, while investing time in mentoring junior technical staff to continue our culture of excellence.
What you’ll do
Degenkolb is engaged as a prime consultant for several complex healthcare projects where we lead a team comprised of architect, MEP and other sub-consultants. As part of the Degenkolb team leading these highly collaborative teams, we expect the candidate for this position to:
- Work with the Project Manager to support the Principal in Charge to successfully complete each project.
- Facilitate exchange of information and coordination between sub-consultants as necessary in support of the project(s).
- Prepare for and attend project meetings as required and assist in generation of agendas, minutes, and other means of effective communication.
- Assist in maintaining project schedule, budget, and scope. Identify issues that may impact quality, scope, schedule, and budget.
- Provide additional support as deemed appropriate by Principal in Charge or Project Manager.
- BS degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related field.
- Four years of engineering, architecture, or construction management experience in a relevant Project Coordinator or Job Captain role, or two years of Project Management experience.
- At least one year of project management and/or construction administration experience with healthcare renovation and/or retrofit projects under OSHPD jurisdiction.
- Record of stable work experience.
- Outstanding prioritization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Relevant professional licensure or construction-related certification/qualification such as CAPM or LEED.
Degenkolb offers very competitive salary along with:
- Company-sponsored plans in medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, as well as commuter benefits.
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing.
- Generous Paid Parental Leave program to support new parents.
- Encouragement and financial support for professional development and professional activities.
- Truly flexible work environment.
- Paid company holidays and generous paid time off (PTO).
To learn more about the company culture and our approach to development, please visit our website using the links below: