Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led intrapreneurial organization. We’re driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We love the creativity involved in taking a blank screen and blinking cursor and making it something amazing. With intrapreneurship in our DNA, we’re able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Rightpoint is the largest independent customer experience agency with technology at our core, and 450 employees across 10 offices. We create seamless digital experiences driven by insight, strategy, technology and design -- and expanded mobile innovation and emerging technologies via Raizlabs. We serve more than 250 Fortune 1,000 companies with strategy, site design and development, content, CRM, commerce, BI and cloud infrastructure.
And the industry is taking notice:
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of “Fastest Growing Companies,” 2014 - 2017
- "Top 100 Workplaces in Chicago" by the Chicago Tribune, 2014-2017
- EY Entrepreneur of The Year® Award, Co-founders Ross Freedman & Brad Schneider: 2015 Midwest Dual Finalists
- One of the "Most Promising Companies in America" by Forbes in 2014
WATCH THIS to learn more about Rightpoint and our culture:
The Managed Services Senior/Lead Android Developer will be responsible for building and maintaining internal and external facing mobile applications for Rightpoint's clients using native Android frameworks and tools. In addition to being a strong contributor to the development effort, the Senior/Lead Android Developer will help mentor and coach more junior developers, as well as be a go-to resource for all their engagements and own the development efforts. This person will work independently with the managed services team of Engineers, Developers, and Technical No-Code consultants to develop and enhance previously developed applications, and problem solve issues within client applications and environments.
This is a role within our Managed Services team, whose goal is to keep client environments and applications running smoothly. This means that the people in this group need to thrive in a fast-paced environment where priorities can shift quickly, be very good at problem-solving, and have outstanding client-management skills. You will be supporting custom applications/solutions that have been previously delivered to Rightpoint’s clients, helping them further extend and/or maintain functionality to accommodate their ever-changing business requirements and processes. In this role, you will switch context frequently as you will be working on multiple projects at different stages of the project lifecycle simultaneously. It is important that the applicant have a strong background in developing and supporting fluid, responsive, maintainable, high-quality Android applications using the native Android frameworks.
- Develop features in native Android applications based on feature specifications and technical designs
- Contribute to creating feature specifications and technical design schematics
- Troubleshoot, support, and build upon pre-existing technology solutions within existing architecture/patterns
- Contribute to requirements gathering and analysis activities such as storyboarding, developing use cases, and creating functional requirements specifications
- Create and build out database models, then surface data to user interfaces by using object oriented techniques, often using object-to-relational mappers
- Create user interfaces through Layout Editor or through code
- Take responsibility for feature-focused unit and system testing (built both by you and others).
- Contribute to facilitating acceptance testing procedures and monitoring results
- Participate in code reviews.
- Maintain issues in ticketing queue for the project.
- Mentor and coach junior team members.
- Provide estimates for assigned items as well as assist with scoping of larger enhancement requests.
- Contribute to Rightpoint and 3rd party open source projects
- Champion sustainability and maintainability coding practices internally
Skills and Abilities
- 4 – 6 years of relevant development experience
- Deep hands-on knowledge of native Android frameworks, Android Studio, Kotlin, and Java
- Experience submitting apps to the Google Play store
- Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and computer science foundations.
- Experience with source control, work item tracking, and build management with Team Foundation Server (or similar)
- Experience with Realm or other data persistence framework
- Motivation with an emphasis on customer satisfaction and quality.
- Passion for problem solving and working closely with clients
- Passion for not only fixing surface issues, but uncovering the underlying technical/structural problems
- Ability to multi-task across multiple different projects simultaneously, with context-switching occurring frequently
- Strong time-management skills, providing solutions that meet clients’ needs within their time and budget constraints
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- Knowledge of sound business practices and a proven track record of anticipating and exceeding customer expectations
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (or related field), or equivalent experience
Willingness to travel periodically to client sites (mostly Chicagoland area)
Nice to Have:
- Prior consulting experience is highly preferred
- Previous experience with estimating non-trivial tasks for oneself and others
- Prior experience as a team lead in a small (2-3 developers) team.
- Familiarity with any of the following applications
- Prior experience with native iOS application development
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- PTO + Paid Holidays
- Casual Dress (when in the office; when at a client site, we need to mirror their dress code)
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great Health Coverage
- Medical – 4 plans to choose from!
- Life/AD&D/Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending (Dependent & Healthcare)
- Transportation/Parking Pre-Tax Benefits
- 401k with Company Matching
- Weekly Peapod Snack/Drink delivery
- Regular Happy Hours and social events including: Volunteering, Game Nights, Basketball, 5K runs, golf outings, team sports, etc.
- Catered Lunches Every Other Friday
- Open Office Environment
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
This is a full time, salaried position. For more information, visit www.rightpoint.com. Rightpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Rightpoint is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that allows Rightpoint to verify the employment eligibility of our employees. Based on the information provided by you on your Form I-9, Rightpoint will input that information into E-Verify which will confirm your information in DHS and Social Security Administration (SSA) databases. Your continued employment with Rightpoint is contingent upon an “Employment Authorized” result for you from the E-Verify system
APPLICANTS MUST BE PERMANENTLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.. WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME.