Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. This opportunity is with one of our client companies for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Companies are often flexible in hiring candidates who do not perfectly fit their written job description, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general.
Most of the jobs we are recruiting for are not posted online, so if you would like to know of all the opportunities we have that match your interests and qualifications, then please get in touch with us.
Feel free to check out testimonials from some of our many candidates/clients here:
Senior / Lead Mechanical Engineer – Neuroscience Wearable Startup
Berkeley, CA (you can work from home up to 2x/week)
The company's product is in the realms of neuroscience, wearable tech, and consumer electronics. They are seeking people who are passionate about making a positive impact on the cognitive health of their customers.
In this position you would be leading all of the mechanical engineering.
The company will pay competitive salary (up to $200k) plus equity which they believe can be very lucrative.
- Leading the planning, development and management of mechanical design, production and testing
- Collaborating closely with mechanical engineering partners throughout the development process
- Working closely with manufacturing partners to ensure manufacturability, high quality, and timely production
- Working with the relevant regulatory bodies to ensure biocompatibility and safety standards
- Experience with wearable or flexible mechanical design
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 5 years of professional mechanical engineering experience
- Experience leading projects from concept to production
- Experience with CAD methodologies and tools such as Solidworks, Fusion360, OnShape, etc.
- Solid interpersonal communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively in small teams
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of manufacturing and tooling for soft goods
- Experience bringing devices to market with over 10,000 units produced
- Experience sourcing and testing medical and soft goods materials such as skin adhesives, hydrogels, and biocompatible foams
- Understanding of engineering principles and standards for developing dermal dressings
- Knowledge of medical device biocompatibility and safety standards
Did you like this job or want to see more? All of our online job postings can be found on these sites:
Follow us on Instagram here:
Follow us on LinkedIn here: