ActioNet has an opportunity for a Lead Linux/Microsoft Systems Administrator requiring a Secret clearance located in Baltimore, MD. This is a remote opportunity; must being within a 2 hour radius from Ft. Meade.
ActioNet is an IT service provider and solutions integrator headquartered in Vienna, VA that works with the Federal Government and Department of Defense.
As a Systems Administrator, you will provide technical expertise and support for AWS hosted systems and other systems supporting a very large Federal program.
What is in it for you?
• The selected candidate will become a key part of a dynamic Agile team with a mission to design, build, test, field, operate, maintain, and secure a federal-wide information technology (IT) service used by and supporting all federal civilians, military members, and government contractors.
• As a member of an established and fast growing company, you will be provided with excellent training opportunities, job experience, and unlimited potential to advance.
• You will receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
o Health insurance
o Dental insurance
o Life insurance
o Professional training reimbursement
o Disability insurance
o ...and much, much more!
Duties and Responsibilities
• Organizes and directs the configuration and operation of information management systems.
• Responsible for directing the work of other system administrators to provide the day-to-day system administration to include system and resource optimization, and user assistance.
• Conducts capacity and performance analysis, provides system configuration change and upgrade recommendations.
• Increases system administrator efficiency and accuracy via the use of automated tools and scripts
• Develops system administrator procedures and conducts system administrator training and skills assessment.
• Four - Six years of Linux System Administration / Engineering experience
• AWS Administration – Security Groups, Instance Builds, general knowledge
• Experience in Linux System Administration and Bash/shell scripting
• Experience with DoD systems security posture and STIG’ing of assets
• Must have Secret clearance
• Must be U.S. citizen
• 2+ years of management experience required
• Ability to keep up with fast paced, Agile technical environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to C suite or senior leadership is a must
• Experience as a Systems Administrator supporting an Agile/DevSecOps environment and use of continuous integration and deployment technologies such as JIRA, Jenkins, Chef, and Git
• Strong RedHat Linux experience
• Secure Cloud Computing Architecture (SCCA) experience
• Experience supporting customers in the Department of Defense
• MILCLOUD experience and/or experience support environments hosted within Data Centers
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.