CNA has an opening for a Senior Learning Development Consultant. This position will be responsible for the technical design, development and execution of learning solutions for the Commercial Insurance Underwriting group focusing on key programs and general underwriter development. As part of the Commercial Insurance Underwriting Services organization, this person will work closely with our home office and field organization leaders and others to identify development needs and execute on learning strategies.
The ideal candidate is a well-rounded Learning Development professional. Candidates must have strong instructional design skills, extensive experience in developing eLearning solutions and must also have instructor-led content development experience. Insurance industry experience is preferred but not required. Candidates must also be skilled and knowledgeable in a variety of areas including: project management, communication and facilitation skills.
TheSenior Learning and Development Consultant works with Line of Business and Segment Leaders as well as field leaders and other business stakeholders to build and deploy learning solutions across a variety of platforms and delivery modes to improve technical underwriting acumen.
Essential Duties Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
1. Designs and develops training program content, exercises, case scenarios, leader and participant materials for instructor-led, online or mobile eLearning
2. Designs comprehensive, modern, blended curricula to provide development on the needed skills
3. Works closely with stakeholders to clearly identify skill gaps to be addressed
4. Understands current and future business environment and issues in order to develop and recommend the most impactful solutions.
5. Uses strong project management practices to set strategy and budget for multi-work stream projects; plan, develop and implement learning solutions; keep stakeholders engaged and informed
6. Identifies, creates and deploys comprehensive communication, reinforcement and support plans
7. Tracks program participant progress and available metrics in order to measure results and continually enhance offerings
8. Prepares and gives presentations to management or appropriate individuals on project status and results
9. Provides consulting, development, project and/or delivery support for regional or national meetings
May perform additional duties as assigned
Director or above
Skills, Knowledge Abilities
1. Strong knowledge of learning design, instructional methods and training techniques including curriculum design principles, adult learning and blended learning theory and strategies, and the design and integration of online and other performance support tools into on-the-job use.
2. Knowledge of various learning technologies including Learning Content Management Systems, eLearning tools, mobile enabled learning, and virtual training (distance learning) platforms (Skype for Business)
3. Desired tool experience includes Articulate and Captivate; desired technical skills include multimedia and graphic design, SharePoint, Cornerstone on Demand.
4. Solid knowledge and perspective on organization's products, processes and procedures.
5. Proven ability to translate strategic goals into appropriate training and development program materials.
6. Highly collaborative and comfortable navigating organizational dynamics
7. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities in a fast-paced and challenging environment
8. Proven analytical skills and project management skills.
9. Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners.
10. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business related software.
1. Bachelor's Degree in related field, or equivalent with professional designation preferred.
2. Typically a minimum of 8 years educational design/development and training experience. Insurance industry and subject matter knowledge, etc.