SENIOR LEASE NEGOTIATOR
Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield (URW) is the premier global developer and operator of flagship shopping destinations. With a portfolio valued at over €63 billion, the company owns and operates 97 shopping centres, including 56 flagships in the most dynamic cities in Europe and the United States. Our centres, welcoming 1.2 billion visits per year, are present on two continents and in 13 countries, and provide a unique platform for retailers and brands – with an exceptional and constantly renewed experience for customers. The Group also has the largest development pipeline in the industry, worth €12.5 billion, focused on building the shopping and lifestyle destinations of the future. In addition, URW distinguishes itself in the communities we serve through our Better Places 2030 agenda, an ambition to create places that respect the highest environmental standards and contribute to better cities and communities.
Our 3,700 talented professionals, at the forefront of innovation, possess the skills and are committed to the engagement and teamwork required to drive performance and generate superior value.
We’re looking for a full time SENIOR LEASE NEGOTIATOR to be part of a Lease Documentation department who is a collaborative and experienced real estate leasing professional.
As a SENIOR LEASE NEGOTIATOR, you will be an essential member of URW’s Lease Documentation Team. This is a high production full time employment opportunity reporting to a Director level leasing counsel and requiring extensive knowledge of real estate documents, particularly commercial leases. Professionalism, real estate legal knowledge and written communication skills are prerequisites to becoming a member of the Lease Documentation team. Lease Documentation provides a vital relationship role with URW tenants, including some of the industry’s largest retailers, and in support of the URW Leasing Managers throughout the deal making process while having direct revenue impact for URW.
We are looking for a SENIOR LEASE NEGOTIATOR with:
Expertise preparing lease documentation, conducting lease negotiations, and preparing related documentation for transactions with local, regional and national retailers, including the following:
1. Lease Preparation: - Prepare initial lease documentation for review by tenant retailers based on approved Lease Requests. - Review comments from Tenant's attorney/representative. Work closely with department supervisors and other company divisions and departments to define proper response. Make determination with respect to legal issues and URW policy issues. - Negotiate lease issues and draft appropriate changes to documentation with the goal of protecting the Landlord and closing the transaction.
2. Preparation of Related Documents: Related documents primarily include amendments to lease, assignments of lease, and termination agreements. Applicable lease provisions are reviewed, documents are prepared, reviewed and revised as necessary to completion. Work with other URW departments as necessary.
3. Administrative: - Maintain current status on all open matters. Comply with mortgagee and/or partner requirements as appropriate. Work hand-in-hand with support staff to efficiently process leases and related documents.
4. Technology: - Must be able to adapt to URW’s unique lease management database system (Salesforce) and the related data input requirements as well as URW’s related databases, policies, procedures and processes.
The minimum requirements and skills include:
• Extensive knowledge of commercial real estate contracts, specifically retail shopping center leases is an absolute requirement. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY WITHOUT RETAIL LEASING EXPERIENCE.
• Strong communication, negotiating and drafting skills. - Excellent organization skills and multi-tasking ability.
• Ability to handle pressure and heavy workload with limited supervision.
• Ability to ‘think outside the box’ to solve problems. Looking for an negotiator who thrives in, and has experience with, a high production environment
• Decision-making qualities including effectively balancing and integrating business intuition.
• Strong relationship building and team skills.
Preferred Qualifications include:
• Juris doctorate a plus but not required.
Location: Los Angeles Corporate Office
If you’ve ever wanted to be part of an innovative business, on the cutting edge of developing and evolving the shopping experience for customers, this is your chance!
Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, experience and skills. We offer a collaborative, innovative, achievement focused culture with unique opportunities for growth in a global company and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.