No Relocation Assistance Offered
#74219 - Topeka, Kansas, United States
Under attorney supervision, provides professional Paralegal support in the form of identifying marketing legal issues, evaluating claims and support, leading projects and meetings with clients, developing and presenting recommendations, including comprehensive analysis and highlighting of issues, reviewing and approving advertising, drafting of substantive legal documents, training and contracts, and performing additional duties as assigned by management.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluates potential challenge opportunities, assist in reviewing and drafting challenge letters and documents and leads Onit report submission and file maintenance.
- Provides litigation support for marketing litigations under attorney supervision, including interfacing with clients, fact-finding & coordinating meetings with clients and outside counsel under attorney supervision.
Under attorney supervision and direction:
- Serves as claims expert that evaluates and identifies risk regarding advertising copy, labels, promotions, IMC, social, digital, etc. within the context of current and new claims prior to attorney review & reviews and clears new executions in line with previously approved claims.
- Attends and contributes legal comments to claims tracker meetings and helps maintain Legal and company files in relation to marketing approved claims and claim support.
- Provides legal support, under attorney supervision, including interfacing with internal clients that support or contribute to marketing materials, regarding advertising claims and their support & advertising and promotional materials, including in digital and social media & other questions that may arise in relation to advertising and promotion.
- Reviews, advises on and approves all manner of packaging and marketing materials in BEAT, Prodigy systems, and other review systems, as needed, independently based on prior approved claims, or in consultation with an attorney depending on the content.
- Drafts a variety of contracts or contract provisions related to marketing, such as NDAs, MSAs, SOWs, Amendments and Agreements that the procurement team negotiates, including redlining and determining if additional client follow up is required, analyzing agreements in place, recommending forward action & interfacing with internal clients regarding contract issues. Prepares certificates of insurance/surety bonds for marketing related vendors.
- Bachelor’s Degree, 5+ years of experience in corporate legal environment preferred, but experience in a corporate business environment or a law firm could be sufficient with the right candidate.
- Preferred education and experience requirements: Bachelor’s Degree, 10+ years of experience in a corporate legal environment supporting the marketing function.
Skills and Abilities
- Understands the product category and competitive landscape such that the knowledge informs analysis and decisions being made
- Understands marketing legal issues, including claims, their support, and potential for legal and business risk with an understanding of the regulatory framework for pet food
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities, ability to work independently and collaborate with all levels of the business and legal organization
- Strong leadership, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management, ability to manage projects and task prioritization skills with the ability to multi-task
- Good analytical/quantitative skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment in order to resolve issues.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills' mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL'S® Prescription Diet® therapeutic pet foods, HILL'S® Science Diet® and HILL'S® Ideal Balance™ wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill’s is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill's and Colgate, please visit http://www.hillspet.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.