CyberData Technologies, Inc., an established technology solution provider based in Herndon, Virginia, is looking to expand its growing team. We are an industry leader in data warehousing and business intelligence for both government and commercial clients. Our employees are our greatest asset and we are committed to their professional development and growth. We provide competitive salaries, bonuses, generous benefit packages, and paid time off to balance work and personal commitments.
Job Location: College Park, MD
The Sr. Linux Administrator will be an integral part of the day to day operations of a very large datacenter. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration supports one of the most commonly used weather reporting systems in the US, the National Weather Service. The Sr. System Administrator will be supporting mission critical physical and virtual servers in an active clustering environment. If you are looking to support big data, are a Red Hat aficionado, and specialized with either NetApp or VMware, this is the position for you!
Job duties (include but not limited to):
- Support multiple data centers with petabytes of incoming raw meteorological data
- Support Tiers 1-3 support as needed
- Ability to mentor junior staff
- Support more than 6,000 Virtual Machines, +200 physical servers, and +400 physical workstations
- Support virtual machine configuration/administration through VMware
- Support a large storage area network through NetApp
- Capacity planning, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Contribute to one of the most utilized weather reporting systems in the U.S.
- Follow organizational change processes and coordinate with team members
- Must be willing to work on a 24X7 on-call basis on a rotating schedule with other system administrators
Required Skills (include but not limited to):
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Expertise with Linux/Unix system administration experience
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) versions 5/6/7
- Experience creating, maintaining, and implementing virtual machines (VMs) using VMWare
- Local system administration using a KVM
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer interaction skills
- Experience with Puppet/scripting for automation and finding duplicate file versions
- Experience with NetApp SAN
- Ability to obtain a NACI Public Trust clearance
- Experience with Citrix NetScaler for load balancing
- SNMP protocol configuration experience
- Local Data Manager (LDM) protocol configuration experience
- LAN configuration experience
- ITIL knowledge
- VMware certifications
- Check_MK experience
- Akamai for web content caching
- Big Brother experience for monitoring systems
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL / MySQL databases
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
Principals only: NO 3rd PARTY, no employment agencies. No telephone calls please.
CyberData is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.