Req. ID: 147121
Micron Technology’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life and our commitment to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and professionalism while supporting our global community.
The Micron Legal Department is looking for an attorney with IP litigation and technology licensing experience. As Senior Litigation and Licensing Counsel, you will manage litigation and pre-litigation matters, primarily related to patent infringement, trade secret and commercial litigation. You will also provide IP legal advice and services to one or more business units, including drafting intellectual property agreements.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing strategy relating to litigation matters, including patent infringement actions and threats.
- Providing ongoing risk/opportunity assessment of litigation and potential litigation matters.
- Providing direction to outside counsel and in house resources regarding conduct and resolution of litigation.
- Assisting in drafting and review of briefs, motions and other legal filings.
- Managing litigation costs, including outside counsel fees and discovery expenses.
- Drafting and negotiating complex intellectual property agreements, including patent and technology license agreements, joint development agreements, software license agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and IP and confidentiality clauses in other commercial agreements.
- Providing advice, support, and training to business units regarding intellectual property matters, including protection of intellectual property and confidential information, participation in standard setting organizations, and risk management.
- Some travel, both domestic and international, may be required.
- 5+ years of litigation experience at a top-tier law firm, with a substantial amount of that time devoted to patent litigation. Trial experience is strongly preferred.
- Substantial experience negotiating and drafting intellectual property agreements.
- Demonstrated ability to find creative and practical solutions to difficult problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- J.D. with strong academic credentials is required. Technical undergraduate degree in electrical engineering, physics, or similar field is preferred.
As the leader in innovative memory solutions, Micron is helping the world make sense of data by delivering technology that is transforming how the world uses information. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial and Ballistix — we offer the industry’s broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today’s major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR and 3D XPoint™ memory. Our solutions are purpose built to leverage the value of data to unlock financial insights, accelerate scientific breakthroughs and enhance communication around the world.
Employee Rewards Program, Healthcare, Paid time off (Combined Sick and Vacation Time), Retirement savings plans, Paid maternity/paternity leave, Employee Assistance Program, Professional development training, Workplace wellness programs, Micron Health Clinic (Boise only), Fitness Center / Activity rooms (Boise only), Tuition Reimbursement, Micron Corporate Discounts, Casual Dress attire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our General Contact Form
Keywords: San Jose || California (US-CA) || United States (US) || SGA || Experienced || Regular || Legal || #LI-MR2 || Tier 5 ||