Premier Senior Living Community offering independent living, assisted living and memory care has an immediate opportunity for an Regional Operations Manager.
Works in partnership with community management team to deliver the Red-Carpet Experience to Residents and Team Members. The Regional Operations Manager provides leadership and oversight for the day-to-day operations of multiple senior living communities, both existing and any new managed sites within their region. This position is responsible for identifying revenue generating opportunities, growing occupancy, controlling costs, monitoring budgets, promoting employee engagement, and fostering a work environment that reflects the company mission, values and principles. The Regional Operations Manager ensures quality assurance and regulatory compliance measures are being maintained through adherence to policies and procedures. This individual works closely with community directors to provide support, training, and mentoring that establishes accountability of their community. The Regional Operations Manager provides support to assigned communities for planning, developing, organizing, implementing and directing overall operations. Must possess the ability to empower staff to deliver quality personal care and act in accordance with the five core values and four core principles. Delivers and directs the company’s brand and program standards to enhance the physical, social, emotional, spiritual, and intellectual needs of residents. Coordinates and handles administrative duties associated with operations and resident care in accordance to state law. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity, initiative, autonomy, and latitude is expected.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work in partnership with Community Directors to lead community culture that acts with compassion and integrity.
- Identify and help resolve operational issues in communities.
- Provide support to community leaders through weekly visits focusing on overall operations, resident and employee satisfaction, occupancy, marketing and sales, staffing, training, and financial performance.
- Support community leaders with marketing and sales initiatives to increase occupancy and generate revenue.
- Assist in the development of community budgets, monitor results, and hold sites accountable for financial performance.
- Conduct resident and employee surveys - identify successes and gaps in service; implement necessary steps to correct weaknesses.
- Ensure staff training is complete and meets all regulatory requirements.
- Ensure compliance with government regulations.
- Provide support, guidance and direction to Directors.
- Monitor licensing, governmental funding, housing and medical funding.
- Participate in mock surveys and support sites through state audits; address any deficiencies.
- Assist in investigating any vulnerable adult complaint.
- Implements policies and procedures. Monitors achievement of goals and objectives for the community consistent with established philosophy and standards of practice.
- Monitors the implementation of current policies and procedures, which reflect adherence to corporate and external regulatory guidelines. Reviews new regulatory directives and implements changes as needed.
- Schedules periodic site visits to provide supervision, ensure communication, and to monitor the overall operation. Conducts facility reviews based on operational needs, changes in management and commitment to regulatory compliance.
- Participates in State and Federal surveys and compliance investigations. Supports and follows up with communities in identifying trends and assists in the development of corrective action plans and troubleshooting resolutions.
- Conducts compliance audits at assigned communities. Assist in coordinating actions plans to minimize liability and risks as a result of compliance audit.
- Assist Community Directors with recruitment, selection, training, performance evaluation and counseling of staff.
- Maintains effective communication between management team members and communities.
- Attend all mandatory meetings and trainings.
- Must stay in compliance with all state, federal, and government agencies.
- May be requested to serve as temporary, interim Community Director.
- Uphold confidentiality and Health Insurance and Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations.
- Daily email, phone calls, and AR Report Review.
- Participate in regularly scheduled marketing, financial, and leadership phone calls.
- Quarterly Operations QA and Market Rate Review/Increase.
- Annual business and capital improvement plans.
- Periodically travel overnight and work flexible schedules.
- Immediate response to emergent situations and events required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Maintains valid drivers license and ability to drive.
- Three to five years’ experience managing senior living facilities.
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven organization skills.
- Must be able to relate professionally and positively to community staff and to work cooperatively with associates of all levels and to represent the community in a positive manner.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft programs including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
We offer a competitive wage, full benefits and many more perks!
If you have a passion for helping people and want to grow professionally, please send your resume to for immediate consideration.