If you love high profile and challenging logistics analytics projects supporting the US Navy- Serco has a great opportunity for you! This Senior Logistics Analyst will be on a dynamic team, providing in depth analysis of Navy logistics data at our Virginia Beach, Virginia location.
Bring your expertise and collaborative skills to make an impact towards our military defense and safety of our sailors.
In this role as a Senior Logistics Analyst, you will:
- Oversee tasking requirements, evaluate current logistics AIS operations, and instructs subordinates.
- Develop, analyze, and conduct operational research and audits.
- Review AIS software packages, source documents, and establish policies to determine format- and-design requirements.
- Prepare follow-up reports evaluating effectiveness of system implementations.
- Determine topics, target audiences, and resources necessary to develop and present Naval logistics courses
- Develop and maintain key logistics dashboards and scorecards utilizing the SCOR model
- Distribute weekly, monthly, and quarterly logistics financial and service (perfect order) metrics to Supply Chain leadership team.
- Perform root cause analytics and provide actionable improvement plans to drive efficiency and/or service improvements with internal and external partners
- Develop and maintain suppler & distribution score carding utilizing key quantitative and qualitative measures including developing a program to acknowledge & reward high performing partners
- Support Logistics optimization efforts by identifying opportunities and building data driven business cases
- Perform analytics that drive efficient channel decisions for both inbound and outbound
- Communicate with and influence external partners to ensure effective order fulfillment
- Provide input to Senior Management from Supply Chain, R&D, Finance, Marketing, Operations, etc. on trends and logistics data
- Provide support and coverage for Global Supply Chain Support Team
- Maintain various industry bench-marking metrics and analysis
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and other job-related duties as assigned
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- An Active Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, or related business discipline.
- Must have a minimum of eight years of experience in a combination of Navy logistics and Navy logistics AISs
Education Equivalency: As a substitute, eight years of experience in a combination of Navy and logistics and AISs management. Education equivalency experience is in addition to the minimum experience of the labor category.
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has approximately 8,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).