With thousands of beautiful spaces built for travel and living, Sonder is transforming the future of hospitality. Each Sonder is purposefully selected, designed and maintained - customized to reflect the vibe of its neighborhood. Whether your stay is two days, two months or two years, in a studio or a six-bedroom, Sonder ensures a unique, yet consistent experience. And with 24/7 contactless service, professional cleanings that exceed CDC recommendations, and over 200 other quality standards, we're taking stay further for guests all around the world.
Sonder started in 2014, and now has thousands of spaces in cities across the globe.
We're looking for an operationally-focused individual, who is a high-achiever, energetic, detail-oriented, organized, passionate about hospitality, and an excellent communicator to join our team.
Maintenance Technicians at Sonder are responsible for helping to deliver a flawless guest experience. They're detail-oriented individuals who love checklists and are capable of attending to our units at flexible times. Maintenance Technicians are efficient with their time, quick learners and excited to get their hands dirty. This is a great role for an experienced Maintenance Technician looking to join a facilities team that enjoys digging into and solving facilities mysteries across multiple trades and building types.
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
- Complete a variety of tasks related to maintenance of guest spaces and rooms, including troubleshooting, light repairs, up to and including major repairs or replacements of electrical,, HVAC, plumbing, structural, or other building assets.
- Complete periodic maintenance of electrical, HVAC, plumbing and other building or room equipment.
- Perform handyman repairs to a high level finish in guest rooms and guest spaces. Including furniture, doors, windows, patch and paint, and other hardware.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant federal and local guidelines for safety and productivity including, OSHA, ADA and other required regulations.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area while completing tasks related to maintenance, repair or installation.
- Coordinate, meet and support our 3rd party contractors including painters, installers, furniture builders, housekeepers, and other specialized trades.
- Conduct thorough apartment walkthroughs and maintenance checks
- Organize and document project information and updates
- Instruct and supervise contractors as they paint, build furniture, hang art, photograph and clean
- Travel to various buildings/cities as required
- At Sonder, we take a holistic approach to providing our guests the highest level of service and the best possible experience. In your role, you must be willing and able to perform duties related to all aspects of Hospitality Operations at Sonder. This includes leaning-in to assist in resolving guest issues and/or supporting our property onboardings based on market/team needs.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- 4 + years of experience working in maintenance, as a Maintenance Technician II or equivalent
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification in a skilled trade, such as HVAC, electrical or carpentry examples may include NFPA 70E, EPA, OSHA 30, general Contractor license.
- Excellent understanding of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems.
- A perfectionist that obsesses over all the details
- Ability to take the initiative and problem solve independently
- Professional demeanor and strong ability to establish positive relationships with others
- Motivated to adopt new and emerging technologies
- Knowledgeable with Google Suite
- Ability to lift/carry items and stand/walk for extended periods of time
- A background in construction, hospitality, or operations a plus
- Must have a flexible schedule and open to working some weekends as business requires
- This role requires regular access to a reliable smartphone and a reliable vehicle to use for work, a valid driver's license, and a clean driving record with proof of insurance.
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you're best at:
- Competitive hourly pay with growth opportunities
- Health Insurance for full-time employees
- Stock options for full-time employees; this is an opportunity to be an owner of a rapidly growing tech-hospitality start-up
- Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
- Comprehensive training (learn about every aspect of the hospitality industry)
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun-to-work-with colleagues!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.