“Power up” your career as a member of a skilled industrial maintenance team with a leading manufacturer of transportation and telecom batteries!
Join the team at this 2-year old highly automated plant where you will work with a variety of new and impressive equipment. This is an exciting role where you will have responsibility for installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing plant equipment including PLCs, VFDs, Servos and Robotics.
You’ll benefit from ABOVE AVERAGE pay, excellent benefits, above and beyond safety procedures, and the backing of a stable and growing global organization.
If you have electrical, hydraulic, and PLC maintenance experience in a manufacturing/production environment, we want to hear from you.
Apply online or text plantjobs to 97211 to begin your pre-screening process!
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Above average compensation – Starting at $34.44/hr. + $.40 shift differential + annual performance reviews with opportunities for wage increases.
- Must be able to work Night shift – 12-hour shifts with a schedule resulting in 3-day weekends every other week.
- Great benefits – Including health, pharmacy, dental, vision, company paid short-term disability, company paid life insurance and AD&D, paid vacation, 8 paid holidays (96 hours per year), 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting, other voluntary insurance options available.Excellent location – This plant is located close to the airport and within the suburbs of Kansas City, so you won’t have to worry about commuting to the downtown area.
- Advancement and growth – With 6 manufacturing facilities in the US, there are always opportunities to move up or around within the company.
- Products that make a difference – From the ocean depths to the top of Mount Everest and even on the moon, Exide batteries have been helping power the world forward for 130 years.
- Uniforms provided to employees at no cost – Includes $170 per year for safety shoes and assistance with prescription safety glasses.
Responsible for installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing plant production and facilities support equipment.
Be able to read, understand and apply electrical, mechanical and pneumatic schematics and diagrams.
Be able to troubleshoot and repair/replace PLCs, VFDs, Servos and Robotics.
Competent in all industrial electrical wiring. Running equipment service including running conduit and sizing wire, wiring motors, running cabling and control wiring.
Detect and diagnose electrical and/or mechanical problems, repair equipment as required (or directed) and test for proper operation prior to returning to production.
Follow all health and safety practices within the facility. Have a working knowledge of the NEC code.
Be able to drive forklift, aerial lifts, etc.
Perform other duties as directed by the Maintenance Management Team
1. Be able to work on equipment which would require bending, stooping, walking, climbing and other physical activities involved in performing the essential duties of the job.
2. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment such as gloves, safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection, respirator, and other personal protective equipment (PPE) as outlined in established policy.
3. Must be able to work in and tolerate hot, cold and humid environmental conditions.
Must be able to operator basic hand and power tools and be able to understand and operate more specialized equipment; such as volt meters, amp meters, torque and temperature indicating equipment, etc. Must also be able to operator forklifts, man lifts and other common mechanized industrial equipment. *All required tools and toolbox will be provided for each technician.
5-7 Years of Industrial Electrical Experience
High School Graduate and/or GED Required, associates’ degree preferred
Electro/mechanical aptitude with ability to diagnose the problem on the equipment.
Electrical Journeyman electrical Maintenance certificate and/or license a plus
Formal technical training and/or previous maintenance experience in manufacturing plant/environment
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.