Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01348634 Date posted 09/04/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Have you considered what it would be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
A rare opportunity exists to join us in the role of Senior Manager, Account Management at our East Hartford, CT campus.
This team is responsible for working closely with suppliers, partners and internal disciplines across the globe to ensure the delivery of affordable, high-quality repaired parts that meet our customer's dynamic needs.
The team cultivates an internal environment that thrives on utilization of the UTC ACE operating system, while mentoring and supporting suppliers to ensure they meet our performance standards, capacity and achieve success in their lean journey.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Other responsibilities of the organization include driving on-time delivery, on-time to clearance, quality, cost reduction, optimizing inventory and material flow of parts for Pratt & Whitney programs.
- Lead negotiation and act as deal champion of LTAâ€s to set up the GTF supply chain.
- Oversee and manage supplier performance (cost, quality, and delivery), including the identification and execution of long term projects / corrective actions to achieve sustainable performance results.
- Understand new program requirements and communicate supplier potential to Aftermarket supply chain.
- Communicate P&W Commercial Aftermarket operational objectives to the supplier.
- Develop and execute supplier relationship management strategy for all supplier sites. Develop and review supplier risk mitigation plans to influence supplier behavior and performance as-needed.
- Oversee and develop positive relationships with Industrial, Operations, Quality, Engineering, and Programs.
- Handle all technical and non-technical supplier development efforts for supplier.
- Coordinate with strategic sourcing on supplier.
- Lead the development of the supplier strategy and supplier relationship management strategy.
- Support new business assessments.
- Work closely with supplier/commodity counterpart in strategy development process.
- Provide input on supplier SSRB strategies impacting supplier.
- Provide sourcing mentorship and recommendations based on an evaluation of supplier performance and capacity to Sourcing team in P&W or Commodity Management at UTC.
- Develop and lead supplier relationship management strategy.
- Execute SSRB actions, QBRâ€s and passports as applicable.
- Oversee and administer contract performance activities for all supplier sites, including necessary UTC and program integration, coordination, and reporting.
- You'll handle supplier accountability board actions within the scope of the associated contract; Identify cost reduction and improvement projects.
- Assist with evaluating value creation opportunities at supplier, across all supplier sites.
- Translate divisional requirements, supplier data, and performance information other members of the aftermarket supply chain team.
- You will actively anticipate, support, and execute required supplier strategy.
- Bachelorâ€s Degree in Business, Operations Management, or Supply Chain Management is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in operations, supply chain or program management is required.
- Advanced degree (MS/MBA) preferred.
- Supply Chain background is strongly preferred
- Excellent social skills, decision-making, and negotiation skills
- Project Management experience.
- Exposure to SAP, ERP systems is a huge plus.
- ACE Associate, or Lean Management ability to create and implement new processes
- You possess Strong strategic planning and program management skills
- Ability to establish and execute processes/standard work
- Advanced skill in Excel
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms