Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01347726 Date posted 08/30/2019 City Lansing State Michigan Country United States
United States of America
PW702: P&W Autoair, Inc. 5640 Enterprise Dr., Lansing, MI, 48911 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
We have a rarer opening for a Senior Manager, Aftermarket Transformation role, at our Pratt & Whitney Auto Air Facility, in Lansing, Michigan.
Pratt & Whitney AutoAir, Aftermarket Operations (AMO) is made up of ten cells; Cases/Cones, Fan Blade Fairings, Thrust Reversers, Pratt & Whitney 800, Mix Model, Liners, PWC, MRO Blades, and Test. PWAA - AMO is a worldwide leader in composite repair and design manufacturing.
This role will report directly to the Aftermarket General Manager.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Planning, organize and implement new product/repair development, collaborating implementation of the equipment and facility layout within the aftermarket facility.
- Lead Capital Projects, ACE, Quality and EH&S improvements and initiatives within job scope.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills are essential to this position.
- You should have the ability to craft solid business relationships across a multinational employee base, demonstrating strong analytical skills and problem solving skills.
- Deliver presentations to Executives.
- You are a US Citizen due to government contracts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Manufacturing, or Materials Engineering, or related field or equivalent required.
- 8 years overall experience, with a minimum 5 years management experience.
- At least 3 years of operational manufacturing experience, including experience with product introduction, preferably within the aero-engine component refurbishment industry.
- Proven leadership ability
- Ability to influence others outside direct reports, in-depth knowledge of aerospace regulatory requirements. Kaizen experience and hands-on experience with manufacturing cell layout and equipment selection.
- Strong organizational skills and social skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with engineers, customers, vendors, and employees.
- Strong Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project), SAP, and Solumina skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills. Familiarity with Pratt & Whitney ACE, Quality, and Continuous Improvement processes is a huge plus.
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms