The Senior Business Development Manager for the Sustainment and Support Solutions business unit will lead the identification, qualification and capture of new business for the Talladega component repair and overhaul operations in partnership with product line leadership and other functions. Initial focus will be in either in the Commercial FAA Part 145 or DoD customer base.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Consistently grow the total monetary value of annual orders for the ESA and non-ESA component repairs
- Increase the value of new business opportunities in the S&SS funnel. Conduct strategic planning to include competitive analysis, Elbit position analysis, and categorization of opportunities.
- Build and foster effective customer intimacy and communications to understand and influence customer requirements, apprise customers of Elbit Systems capabilities, and coordinate efforts to satisfy customer requirements.
- Develop win strategies, competitive analysis, price to win, probability of win, business cases, etc. to support business development milestone decisions (Pursue/No Pursue, Bid/No Bid, etc.)
- Interface with and influence key Government, industry, and Elbit stakeholders
- Initiate and leverage trade show displays, brochures, product development, demonstrations, white papers, press releases, etc. to generate new opportunities and increase Elbit probability of win for existing opportunities
- Identify win strategies and key discriminators that will capture new business including teaming agreements, mergers and acquisitions, capital expenditures, technology development, manufacturing plans, key personnel, etc.
- Lead or support proposal efforts, gate reviews, capture meetings, etc.
- Serve as liaison between customers, Corporate Marketing, Engineering, Contracts, Elbit Systems global sister companies and other key personnel as required for successful pursuit of new business.
- Recommend priorities for the company’s IR&D efforts that would support and contribute effectively to success in the assigned market segment or product.
- Manage discretionary budgets as assigned
- Generate follow-on business opportunities
- Other related duties as assigned by senior management and Director
As established by the S&SS Vice President of Business Development
Commercial & Defense Industry Partners and OEMs
DOD Customers to include Users, Funding Sponsors, Requirements Authorities, and Acquisition Community
Program and Project Managers, Engineering, Contracts, Corporate Marketing, Congressional Liaison Staff
Global Elbit Systems sister companies and affiliates
Entrepreneurs and Innovators
Decision Makers open to doing business with Elbit
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required (Unique and Measurable):
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal relationship abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college.
- 7+ years of Commercial or Defense Industry Business Development and Proposal experience with a demonstrated track record of business growth and new client opportunity capture.
- Must be willing to travel approximately 50% of the time.
- Department of Defense security clearance or the ability to acquire one is desired.
- Military and Industry is preferred.
- 7+ years of product, customer, and industry knowledge of military radios, amplifiers, data links and intercoms is preferred
- 7+ years of DoD Acquisition Experience is preferred