Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquare’s business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; and drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Tinder, TripAdvisor, Twitter and Uber. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide and Swarm. Over the past 10 years, we’ve counted more 13 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map and models fresh and up-to-date.
About This Position:
Foursquare’s Business Development & Product Partnerships team works every day to build and manage strategic external partnerships that help develop the Foursquare's core data assets, our Places Database and our Global Foot-Traffic Panel. The work of this team impacts consumer experiences for the ~1b people monthly who interact with our data via developer partners, as well as the experience for our media clients who use and rely on Foursquare’s data and marketing services.
As Foursquare’s Senior Manager, Business Development - SDK, you will be responsible for leading the go-to-market strategy and execution for our Pilgrim SDK. In this role, you will source and negotiate global, strategic partnerships with leading app publishers, helping them build powerful location-based experiences for their users, whilst enabling them to provide Foursquare’s suite of media services against their 1st party audience. In addition, as the leading client facing expert on the product within the company, you will support the distribution of our SDK as an engagement tool through our existing media partnerships with leading advertisers across Retail, QSR and Hospitality.
We are looking for an experienced candidate who is well networked with app publishers and is energized by putting together complex deal structures that find alignment between our goals and those of our publisher partners. Naturally, we’re looking for a candidate who can run a tight, detailed pipeline process, has experience navigating large enterprise organizations and who can quickly understand, discuss, and deliver the value proposition of the Foursquare promise to engineers, product, legal and business people alike. Knowledge of location technology and data is preferred but not a deal-breaker.
- Establish partnerships that drive significant contributions to Foursquare's data growth through the licensing of Foursquare’s Pilgrim SDK
- Cultivate relationships with C-level and senior executives in the advertising supported app publisher community
- Lead the partnership and deal process, from strategy/planning, pipeline development, prospecting, outreach, terms negotiation, contract drafting and negotiation, through implementation
- Develop strong relationships across the Foursquare organization, including executive, business, legal, product, marketing and engineering teams
- Represent Foursquare as a spokesperson and evangelist at industry events in the US and abroad
- Travel for meetings, conferences, and events (est 20-30%)
- 5-8 years business development experience at leading location data, SaaS, or technology/software related companies
- A strong network within the mobile app publisher ecosystem
- Familiarity and understanding of the mar-tech and ad-tech landscapes
- Outstanding communication skills in all forms: written, presentations, negotiations
- Relentless perseverance through long and complex strategic deal cycles
- Bachelor's Degree is a must, MBA or MSc Degree is a plus!
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.