Cloud Applications, Senior Manager
Tracelink is seeking an experienced Senior Manager Cloud Applications who has come up through the ranks of Linux Systems Administrator to join the Cloud Operations team supporting Tracelink’s Life Sciences Cloud (LSC) product.
Reporting to the Director, Cloud Operations, the Cloud Applications Manager is a hands-on manager, responsible for the day-to-day activities of L3/Help Desk and Applications Operations teams in addition to technical lead responsibilities. The Manager leads the L3 Help Desk and Applications Operations teams that focus on maintaining and sustaining TraceLink’s cloud-based applications, including docker-based microservices. These teams process change requests, perform periodic operating system and AMI updates, configure and deploy LSC applications, and manage the LSC’s integrated B2B solution. Additionally, they oversee the LSC’s government reporting systems and cloud-based COTS solutions. The implementation and management of an Application Performance Management tool will belong to this manager.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the L3/Help Desk and Applications Operations teams
- Monitor and manage the health of all Tracelink cloud-base applications and processing environments
- Manage the Cloud Operations Service Desk ticketing and Change Management Systems
- Oversee the implementation and testing of approved Change Requests
- Configure and deploy TraceLink’s cloud-based products including AWS ECS/docker-based services
- Develop and maintain the application-level knowledge required to maintain uninterrupted operations
- Manage the on-call rotation supporting TraceLink’s customer-facing applications
- Support the configuration/rollout of TraceLink’s infrastructure-as-code tool that helps manage the LSC
- Manage and maintain the expertise needed to support the LSC’s government reporting systems
- Support the LSCs integrated Business-to-Business commercial data transfer solution, develop and maintain application expertise and troubleshoot issues
- Help select an Application Performance Management tool; implement and manage that solution.
- Leadership experience (3-5 years) managing/mentoring team(s) in an operational SaaS environment
- Ability to design, organize, manage and delegate work in support of assigned objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
- Demonstrated success supporting production SaaS applications
- 3 years of experience as a RedHat/CentOS Linux System Administrator
- 3 years of experience with AWS services
- Experience with SSH, apache, and any Java servlet container (dropwizard, resin, tomcat, jboss, etc.)
- Familiarity with monitoring and operations data visualization tools (e.g., Nagios, Kibana, Grafana)
- A degree in Computer Science or related field of study is highly desired