The ADT Corporation (NYSE: ADT) is a leading provider of security and automation solutions in the United States and Canada for homes and businesses, people on-the-go and their network. Making security more accessible than ever before, and backed by 24/7 customer support, ADT delivers same-day service and live answer within seconds in customer operations, helping customers feel more safe and empowered. ADT is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida and employs approximately 17,500 people throughout North America. More information is available at www.adt.com.
The Senior Manager, Consumer Media Relations, will lead the development and execution of an integrated public relations strategy to modernize the brand, and leverage ADT’s leadership in the home security and automation space to shape positive public awareness. He/she will report to the Director, Corporate Communications and will have intimate knowledge of the media landscape, proactively managing the Company’s editorial calendar to develop unique and integrated story ideas with key leaders in the organization. Understanding what makes a story exciting, the candidate will utilize a blank canvas to influence and write the next chapter of our 144-year-old story.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Craft integrated media strategies for major campaigns and product launches in close collaboration with our PR agency and cross-functional Marketing team to boost coverage of ADT in the competitive media landscape.
- Brainstorm and pitch compelling ideas for media and influencer pitch efforts
- Oversee the strategy and creation of thought leadership content to reinforce ADT’s leadership position
- Monitor media outlets for coverage and competitor developments
- Understand industry issues that directly and indirectly affect the company
- Engage internal colleagues to lead timely responses to media requests
- Identify and build relationships with new media outlets/contacts as needed
- Works closely with Corporate Communication and Marketing team members to ensure we’re telling a cohesive story through Earned, Owned, Social and Internal channels.
- Manage projects and media relations campaigns while adapting to changing priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or a related field
Experience & Skills
- 7+ years of communications experience, including public relations, marketing communications, or journalism, with responsibility for results, preferably in a public relations agency or corporate environment
- Superior writing skills, with an ability to quickly and concisely craft a wide range of clear, concise and high-quality media materials. Must also have the ability to edit content received from others, and manage quality control
- Understand what compelling storytelling looks like for brands in the press and on social platforms
- Experience analyzing, disseminating and communicating critical information and developing clear 'media-ready' messages
- Genuine curiosity for news, and the ability to interact and work closely with media contacts, with strong relationships at top-tier outlets
- Strong collaboration skills—ability to work autonomously and independently, yet integrate appropriately with colleagues
- Able to interact with senior management or executive levels
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage numerous projects simultaneously, while prioritizing high-return work.
- Creative, forward thinker capable of bringing new ideas
ADT LLC is an EEO Employer
Want to learn more about ADT?
Visit us online at www.adt.com