Job ID: 167825
Location Name: CA-FSC SF Off (0174)
Address: 525 Market St, 32nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States (US)
Job Type: Full Time
Position Type (Regular/Temporary): Regular
Job Function: Marketing
Sephora has revolutionized our approach to client-driven marketing. We have taken our passion for our clients and injected it with new thinking and agile processes to accelerate how we do CRM. For this transformative organization, we need a diverse team of strategists, digital marketing experts, data scientists, developers and creatives dedicated to testing new ideas. This team is really good at interpreting data and insights, then asking "what if we tried...?". Beyond ideation and concepting, we need scrappy individuals who can dig into the how and thrive working in a dynamic environment to get things done. They use their expertise and ingenuity to fill in gaps where needed. And last, this team is unwavering in its focus, upholding a mandate to rapidly test, iterate and inspire the entire organization with client learnings and opportunities.
Your role at Sephora:
As Senior Manager, CRM Agile lead you will drive the cross functional agile CRM scrum team to deliver CRM testing to market. You will infuse personalization into Sephora’s strategic priorities across a range of campaigns to drive long term loyalty and growth. You will enable our CRM journey by driving agile personalized messaging and promotions learnings, and building foundational organizational and technology capabilities that allow us to leverage data as a strategic asset and create hyper-personalized and relevant content for our clients. This is a unique opportunity to join a team in its infancy and influence its direction and impact as we invest in CRM to power Sephora’s future growth.
The position reports to the Director of CRM strategy and has broad exposure, visibility, and impact throughout the organization.
- Lead agile scrum team: a cross-functional team of strategists, marketers, creatives, analysts, data scientists, developers, producers and technologists, all dedicated to bringing new CRM ideas to market
- Drive end-to-end Agile process to iterate innovative pilots to engage Sephora clients across the lifecycle and purchase cycle utilizing email, app messaging, site and paid media
- Owns client centric pilots pipeline and prioritization process through monthly and weekly planning
- Oversee collaboration and coordination across scrum team members and extended teams to ensure stakeholder alignment and cross Sephora mindset
- Help team problem solve roadblocks and balance decisions across stakeholders
- Empower the team to experiment and learn through agile, iterative testing
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 5-8 years’ related experience in CRM, 1-1 marketing
- Experienced working in an agile organization
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- Background in Lifecycle marketing, segmentation, client lifetime value
- Possess a broad understanding across digital marketing channels (email, app, site, paid media)
- Ability to lead large cross-functional team and manage by influence at all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills; requires collaboration and teamwork across organizational boundaries
- Strong communications skills: listening, presentation and influencing/negotiation skills
- Thinks operationally and strategically; analyzes issues, uses sound judgment, generates new ideas; goes beyond the status quo.
- Intellectually curious, logical thinker, analytically savvy and able to solve problems creatively
- Ability to work successfully under tight deadlines, manage multiple priorities, and shift priorities in a fast-changing environment
- Contagious energy
- Change agent
You’ll love working here because:
- The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
- The product. Employees enjoy a product discount and receive free product (“gratis”) various times throughout the year. (Think your friends and family love you now? Just wait until you work at Sephora!)
- The business. It feels good to win – and Sephora is a leader in the retail industry, defining experiential retail with a digital focus and creating the most loved beauty community in the world…with the awards and accolades to back it up.
- The perks. Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation/holiday time off, commuter benefits, and “Summer Fridays” (half-days every Friday between Memorial and Labor Day)…and so much more.
- The LVMH family. Sephora’s parent company, LVMH, is one of the largest luxury groups in the world, providing support to over 70 brands such as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Marc Jacobs, and Dior.
Working at Sephora’s Field Support Center (FSC)
Our North American operations are based in the heart of San Francisco’s Financial District, but you won’t hear us call it a headquarters – it’s the Field Support Center (FSC). At the FSC, we support our stores in providing the best possible experience for every client. Dedicated teams cater to our client’s every need by creating covetable assortments, curated content, compelling storytelling, smart strategy, skillful analysis, expert training, and more. It takes a lot of curious and confident individuals, disrupting the status quo and taking chances. The pace is fast, the fun is furious, and the passion is real. We never rest on our laurels. Our motto? If it’s not broken, fix it.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands - including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora's curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world's premier digital beauty destination.