More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
Rule 10b5-1 is established by the Securities Exchange Commission to allow insiders of publicly traded corporations to set up a trading plan for selling or purchasing stock. A Rule 10b5-1 plan permits directors, officers and other insiders to sell or buy stock without risk of insider trading liability because the 10b5-1 plan is put in place at a time when they are not in possession of material non-public information and the trades are later carried out without their further action.
This managerial role is part of the 10b5-1 team and offers a unique opportunity to work in a critical function at E*TRADE. A successful candidate will be responsible for working directly with E*Trade's Relationship Managers and corporate executives to advise, create and implement customized 10b5-1 trading plans. Our team of professionals goes the extra mile to deliver a best-in-class experience.
The following competencies are necessary for success in the Senior Manager, Executive Services 10b5-1 Team:
- They will be responsible for helping to manage a team of 10b5-1 Specialists. Responsibilities will include the day-to-day management of workload, identifying process enhancements and working with various internal/external business partners.
- Review Issuer Counsel's trading plan template revisions with E*TRADE legal to certify any plan language changes are acceptable.
- Review legal documents with an eye to mitigate risk and ensure compliance
- Approve daily trades and plans, review previous day's executions and Rule 144 filings for accuracy
- Strong ability to assist and resolve in escalated problem resolution
- Ability to travel for Issuer and client prospects to present E*TRADE's 10b5-1 offerings including online 10b5-1 automation and offline white glove customized service for Section 16 executives
- Help Relationship Manager educate and provide advice to corporate executives on the best way to execute trade schedule
- Strong ability to build relationships - both internally and externally
- Maintain a high level of knowledge in 10b5-1, Rule 144, 10b-18, and Section 16
- When needed assist team with providing high touch client service and support to our Relationship Managers and corporate executives while drafting and implementing 10b5-1 plan
- Exhibit critical thinking / problem solving skills to address client issues and questions to deliver a best in class customer experience
- Ability to handle highly sensitive details for officers, directors and insiders of public corporations
- Strong technical aptitude and understanding for corporate equity compensation including stock options, performance stock units, restricted stock units and client relationship management tools is necessary
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a financial sales/service environment with proven results
- Series 7 and 66 REQUIRED
- Must obtain Series 24 license
- Bachelor's Degree
- Attain CEE and CEP Level 1 after the completion of 1 year of employment
- Ability to travel 20% of the time if needed to meet with E*TRADE Relationship Managers and or ETCS
- Must have comfort level and experience servicing the needs of high net worth individuals.
- Advanced knowledge of the securities industry including corporate equity compensation plans
- Strong familiarity with Rule 144 and 10b51 plans is highly preferred
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with a very strong attention to detail
- Positive and professional customer service attitude and capability
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment while adeptly resolving intricate client issues
- Ability to leverage colleagues and cross functional partners in other departments to work collectively to exceed client demands and to provide timely solutions
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.