PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY RESULT AREAS
- In adherence to the overall SES Networks strategy, leads the development and execution of the strategic sales plan and vision so as to achieve its objectives and to promote revenue, profitability and growth; via customer sales for Global Cloud segment;
- Understand market, trends, customer segmentation and competitor activity, to determine target customer and sales planning per locations, segments and service lines. Provide market intelligence feedback. Support business planning and general planning & execution processes;
- Assess and validate Cloud providers and their customers’ needs for services globally so as to make sure to anticipate their evolution;
- Define strategic sales initiatives for Cloud based accounts globally as well as generate sales leads and close contracts in accordance with set revenue objectives;
- Develop sales pipeline forecasting to give a view on demand by existing products and services and new ideas for improvement and innovation to influence investment decisions;
- Work with Cloud Practice product and commercial in scoping out market requirements and defining product pricing.
- Identify commercial leads, elaborate client proposals, negotiate offers, execute sales and manage relationships with existing and potential customers;
- Develop Partner Agreements and/or Master Frame/Service Agreements with Cloud providers and their clients;
- Negotiate and close contracts with prospects and accounts at senior level;
- Identify key channel partners for targeted market segments. Work with commercial and marketing organizations to address product and solution requirements and opportunities.
- Stay close and ‘top of mind’ of customers to continuously demonstrate value of the end-to-end integration of SES’ connectivity services business
- Constantly optimise value proposition offered to customers;
- Manage the customer relationship between the lead generation and fulfillment processes;
- Present new upgrades to customers regarding current offer.
- Through a matrix management approach, manages a team to ensure that customers are supported by various functions within SES Networks and Corporate as needed. Commercially responsible for deals, including P&L; Manage the process from requirements capture to order entry and validation. Provide status updates to the customer regarding provisioning of the order and manages expectations;
- In consultation with Executive team ensures appropriate resourcing to deliver on the strategy to generate revenue growth in different market segments at the appropriate cost of sale.
- Develop and execute a Channel Partner strategy targeting identified market segments.
- Leads by example in organizational ethics, morals, the SES Way of Working and Code of Conduct.
- Ability to balance strategic thinking/tactical operations to execute Company’s vision.
- Ability to motivate and inspire a team to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Strong presentation, negotiation and influencing skills;
- Proven ability to understand the business of our customers (and their customers) and able to create industry insights that will position SES as a thought leader and drive the respective customers closer to SES;
- Very good technical knowledge regarding SES’ products allowing to better drive the co-operation between the various departments, resulting into efficient and pro-active interdepartmental results;
- Very forward and aggressive hunter and negotiation skills with the ability to effectively make commercial offers, negotiate solutions and drive the sales process by personal engagement;
- Strong interpersonal and network skills and the ability to establish and nurture high level business contacts;
- Demonstrated experience and skills in making effective sales presentations;
- High level of personal integrity, and adhere to a strict code of conduct and personal behavior;
- Very good commercial judgment and the ability to operate within a sometimes high pressure environment, or under short timeframes;
- Ability to multi-task and possesses a high level of advance communication, interpersonal, management and creative problem solving skills.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- University education within Engineering, Information Technology, Business or other relevant area. Additional MBA is considered an advantage;
- 10 – 15 years’ experience of which minimum 7 years’ experience selling complex networking, information technology and/or telecommunications services with a demonstrated clear track record for numerical results;
- Experience in selling at CxO level, within Cloud Providers, Mobile Network Operators, Telcos and/or global enterprises;
- Knowledge of satellite, networking, telecoms, media or other communications sectors;
- In depth understanding of its current & future products and solutions;
- Excellent knowledge of technical, financial and operational aspects of the business;
- Demonstrated leadership experience; previous Channel/Partner Management experience is considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of networking solutions and/or satellite communications industry by identifying and anticipating customer needs, assess their implications, determine their impact and develop/implement action plans;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English. Knowledge of other languages are considered an additional asset;
- Willingness and ability to travel approximately 40-50%% of the time domestically and internationally to meet with leaders of end users.