At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Facilities Operations team is looking for a Senior Manager to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will lead the Facilities Operations team across the North America (NA) region. You will provide leadership, resources, work direction, and performance management for your team to ensure that they meet the organizational and customer needs. You’ll be involved in providing strategic guidance to stakeholders and high-level program team management, identifying trends, patterns, and relationships through data analytics. In addition, you’ll engage with local, regional, and global teams to implement projects and initiatives. As a Senior Manager, you'll need to be highly motivated, able to work on you own, experienced, and adapting well to frequent change and have excellent time and task management skills in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ensure that Facility Operations team standards are maintained in all areas, including housekeeping, security, cafeteria, front office, help desk, local logistics, building management system (BMS), engineering, events, organization visits, and community events
- Manage talent development, task delegation, and prioritization across the region; provide regular feedback and guidance and recognize achievements of your team associates while communicating the vision, strategy, and plans of the team
- Implement, monitor, and control financial planning and analyze cost calculations and cost comparisons; ensure that monthly invoicing is processed as per agreed-upon timelines
- Partner with outsourced vendors to develop processes and procedures and improve organizational satisfaction through defined service-level agreements (SLAs) and KPIs
- Ensure that policies, processes, and procedures are managed and ensure that all reports, checklists, and statutory compliance are adhered to at all times
- Regularly interact with senior management and executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, or customers
- Establish operational objectives and work plans and delegate assignments to subordinates
- Review objectives to determine the success of operations
- Develop, modify, and enforce company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect
- Prepare and present project and program business justification, including the scope of work, budget requirements, ROI, ongoing real-time on-demand status updates, etc.
- 8+ years of experience working in a business or facilities-related role
- 5+ years of team management experience leading, motivating, and developing a team
- University degree or equivalent experience in the industry
- Solid experience building relationships with stakeholders, including vendors and broader business community; ability to persuade associates at all levels
- Motivated with the ability to work with little direct supervision in a fast-paced corporate environment while effectively managing time and tasks
- Ability to actively search out opportunities to achieve the best results for Red Hat’s business
- High level of budget management skills
- Space planning and utilization skills
- Great communicator and listener; experience presenting across all levels of an organization
- Proficient in a variety of computer applications like G Suite, Jive, LibreOffice, Oracle, and BlueJeans
- Solid troubleshooting mindset, creative problem-solving and time management skills, and the ability to make connections across complex ideas
- Passionate and committed to providing the best experience possible for Red Hat’s associates
- Ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.