IMG Academy is seeking a Senior Manager, Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) for our Bradenton, FL campus.
This Sr. Manager, HRBP contributes to the health and success of the organization by knowing the business priorities and proactively collaborating with business leaders to identify, develop, and implement HR practices that meet the needs of the business. The Sr. Manager, HRBP is responsible for key aspects of the Human Resources function including employee relations, performance management, employee engagement and the implementation of programs & initiatives for assigned client group. This person will drive change and foster productive and positive cross-functional relationships assigned parts of the organization. Our business grows at an extraordinary pace, giving HR professionals an opportunity to be pivotal to its success – expertly managing transitions, recruiting needs and talent planning process ensuring that the business has the right talent, in the right place at the right time. The Sr. Manager, HR will act as a trusted and empowered HR partner will advise business leaders on culture, employee relations, best practices, compensation and benefits also advocating for your employees and cultivating an inclusive and transparent workplace.
- Act as a strategic business partner to the leadership team. Diagnose business challenges and work with management to develop and implement strategies and solutions to best resolve those challenges.
- Explore alternatives solutions and recommend best fit solutions in alignment with business goals.
- Help drive organizational talent initiative, focusing on recruiting, retaining, developing and training staff with specific emphasis on building future leaders and developing talent.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations including health and safety regulations
- Execute HR statutory regulation practices on a domestic and international scale.
- Oversee full recruitment life cycle for exempt and non-exempt level positions across various business units to determine recruitment strategy, sourcing techniques, interviewing, assessments, selection and successful on-boarding of candidates.
- Meet with hiring managers and department heads to understand position requirements and current business needs.
- Understand department’s forecasted staffing needs and plan recruiting strategies months in advance of actual start date needed.
- Partner and consult with managers to drive change initiatives that enhance business performance.
- Coach and counsel management and employees in areas of employee relations, conflict resolution and performance appraisals.
- Investigate any potential EEO, discrimination, harassment, or any other employee relations issues or complaints.
- Proactively identify ways for employees to improve performance.
- Ensure fair and consistent application of Company policy and procedures, while promoting positive employee morale.
- Guide assigned client groups through semi-annual performance review process and participate in the merit planning process with senior management and Finance counterparts.
- Compile and process new hire paperwork, employee data changes, merit increases / salary adjustments and employee terminations leveraging Workday.
- Participate in special projects and initiatives as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Business Management or related field.
Possess a minimum of 6 - 8+ years of Human Resources experience with a focus on recruitment, talent
acquisition/retention and employee relations.
Previous experience as HR Business Partner supporting Companies within sport, academia or
Experience with payroll and benefits.
Must possess a strong working knowledge and understanding of all applicable employment/human resources laws, rules, codes and regulations (ie. EEO, ADA, FMLA etc.).
Knowledge of global HR statutory practices and international HR operations.
Previous global HR experience within sports, entertainment, fashion and media highly preferred.
- Exceptional time management skills coupled with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have proven experience in developing and delivering an HR strategy aligned to the needs of the business.
- Must be a creative thinker with dynamic interpersonal skills and exercise consummate professionalism and possess an aptitude for agility.
- Must be extremely detail oriented, organized and self-motivated.
- Ability to make decisions quickly using sound judgment
- Experience and high degree of comfort dealing with employees at all levels and of all personality types.
- Ability to identify potential employee issues early on and address them proactively.
- Confident speaking in public and managing strong business personalities.
- Strong and timely communication skills mandatory.
- Solid influence skills
- Flexibility and awareness on how to partner with other HR and business functional areas (ie Finance, Legal)
Previous experience using Workday or similar HRIS systems.
Previous experience in the media or sports industry.
Computer proficiency and technical aptitude to keep up with latest recruitment trends, emerging
technology and niche sites.
- Upbeat, can do attitude
- Competent at handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Able to demonstrate experience of using initiative to improve process or resolve problems
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Responsiveness, sense of urgency
- Good intellectual rigor and commercial awareness
Good sense of humor
Resilient and tenacious with a passion for driving excellence
Adaptable, able to deal with uncertainty and ambiguity
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.