We presently have an opportunity for a Senior Manager, International Affairs in our International department. This role is responsible for assisting the department efforts in coordinating and growing the TOUR’s international business across the entire business model. Working with international teams out in-market, as well as numerous teams at headquarters, this individual will ensure the TOUR’s international business grows through team support, research and analysis, strategic assessment and internal processes. A critical aspect of this role will be to work with TOUR corporate partnership teams and existing partners of the TOUR to help them activate in key international markets. This includes activating with our international media partners and events in-territory (with a primary focus on Asia). This position exhibits a sophisticated, relationship-orientated commercial approach and builds effective internal relationships and mutually beneficial international partnerships with clients. Critical thinking and concise reporting will also be keys to success.
Qualified candidates will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master's degree strongly preferred.
- 7 years of prior relevant experience required, with particular exposure to quantitative analysis, business development and strategic assessment. Experience as a project/team lead in any of those three areas is strongly preferred.
- 3 years of prior management experience preferred.
- Though not required, proficiency in a second language is strongly preferred. Material experience in international markets is a bonus.
- Proficiency in presentation design is strongly preferred.
- Research prospective international marketing partners, develop persuasive communications, and directly interact with potential and current business partners as needed.
- Lead research on new market landscape analysis including, among others, macroeconomic, political, sport and current partner variables.
- Work closely with Corporate Partnerships to help network to each of the decision makers at partners' firms and to develop brand activation strategies for Asian markets across TOUR media partner(s) and events.
- Develop and encourage staff to pursue new tasks and challenges related to overall departmental goals and objectives.
- Contribute to departmental operations, including staffing, budget management/ cost containment, and internal communication.
- Special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Understand and utilize technology and digital content, particularly those featured through the TOUR’s Discovery partnership, as an important aspect of the international partnership package to increase exposure in foreign markets.
- Deliver best-in-class account management, service, and support for corporate partners and ensure 100% fulfillment of all contractual obligations.
- Manage the perception of the brand and maintaining the PGA TOUR’s level of partnering with first class organizations through leading prospecting efforts when necessary.
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert on International business affairs; Provide guidance to other areas within the TOUR related to Asian affairs business planning.
- Assist International teams with internal navigation and coordination across event, vendor and partnership contract processes.
- Help support the TOUR’s relationships with international federations, including discussions with any/all federations/tours on the future landscape of professional golf.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive wages including performance bonuses
- Medical/Dental/Life/Disability insurance
- Paid time off
- 401k plus employer match
- Employer funded retirement plan
- Health Savings Account/Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program
- Membership to TPC Sawgrass