At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented individuals driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists, engineers, clinicians, computational biologists, and more to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Senior Manager, International Tax
About the Role
This position is part of 10x Genomics corporate Finance and Accounting team and reports to the Senior Director of Tax and Treasury. This position will interface with personnel at various levels of the Company including regional finance teams as well as external partners. Primary responsibilities include managing the Company’s international tax processes including transfer pricing, compliance, reporting, and forecasting. This position will also play a key role in supporting tax planning, audits by governmental authorities, and process improvements.
This role offers many opportunities, including being part of a growing public company within a dynamic Finance team.
What you will be doing
This individual will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Assist with maintaining global transfer pricing policies and calculations including review and implementation of transfer pricing studies, Country by Country Reporting, and other local transfer pricing documentation requirements; coordinate and review annual transfer pricing documentation
- Review of US international compliance forms prepared by third party;
- Develop and implement recommendations for automated information gathering from various sources including ERP and data warehouse
- Review US international tax calculations including but not limited to FTC, GILTI, FDII, and BEAT
- Model international tax calculations to incorporate into forecasts for planning purposes
- Review of FIN48 analyses for international tax positions
- Support audits and inquiries by governmental authorities related to US international tax matters
- Assist as needed foreign Controllers in audits and inquiries by non-US governmental authorities; Review of international corporate income tax returns
- Research, evaluate and document tax implications of complex or non-standard international transactions; recommend solutions
- Provide audit documentation to the external auditors
- Ensure SOX compliance in relation to international tax related financial reporting controls by supporting testing and documentation processes
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of process improvements as appropriate, to simplify, standardize, and streamline tax reporting
To be successful in the role, you will need:
- BS/BA Degree in Business, Accounting or related field
- CPA, with 4-6 years Big 4 experience specializing in international corporate tax OR combination of Big 4 experience specializing in international corporate tax combined with multinational high-tech industry corporate tax department experience
- Strong organization skills, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good business sense
- Strong attention to detail and sense of ownership
- Positive attitude and dependable team player willing to “roll up their sleeves” to get the work done
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and cross-functionally with a wide range of levels and areas
- Ability to complete assignments with minimal supervision and to prioritize work to achieve objectives
- Flexible mindset and willingness to embrace change
- Effective writing, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to understand and communicate accounting issues, including developing processes to record
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and perform under pressure
- Knowledge of tax software and accounting systems (Oracle ERP)
- Excellent proficiency in Excel and Google suite
About 10x Genomics
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry, and bioinformatics, our technology is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x is one of the fastest-growing biotech companies of the decade, growing from $3M in revenue in 2015 to over $200M in 2019, and has backed over 1000 scientific publications in the past four years. For more information, visit www.10xgenomics.com.
10x Genomics is headquartered in Pleasanton, with an office by Embarcadero BART in San Francisco.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability,