OUR VISION: THE WORLD. SUBSCRIBED.
Customers have changed. They’re looking for new ways to engage with businesses. Consumers today have a new set of expectations. They want outcomes, not ownership. Customization, not generalization. Constant improvement, not planned obsolescence.
In the old world (let’s call it the Product Economy) it was all about things. Acquiring new customers, shipping commodities, billing for one-time transactions. But in today’s new era, it’s all about relationships. More and more customers are becoming subscribers because subscription experiences built around services meet consumers’ needs better than the static offerings or a single product.
Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo and author of the best selling book Subscribed).
Our growth story is only just beginning and the ZEO Success team (typically known as Human Resources) is critical to ensuring we have the organization and leadership capabilities to drive scale and growth. You will be joining a strategic yet scrappy team responsible for building innovative global learning and development programs. The Senior Manager, Leadership & Organization Effectiveness is responsible for growing Zuora’s leadership and management development capabilities and programs. Partnering closely with Business Leaders, the Head of Learning and Organization Effectiveness, and the ZEO Success team, you will provide thought leadership and drive execution of leadership and management development strategies to transform the way Zuora operates from a leadership hierarchy to a team of teams. to achieve our vision of a world subscribed.
Join us and make shift happen!
Consistently design, build and deliver innovative, high quality learning and organizational effectiveness solutions that enable ZEOs (leaders, managers, ICs, teams) to deliver customer value, OKR results, and achieve more than they thought was possible.
THE OPPORTUNITY (AKA: Why you want this role over any other out there)
As the Senior Manager, Leadership & Organization Effectiveness, you will have the opportunity to be a leader in the formation and growth of this function. The ideal candidate for this position sees themselves as ready to take on new learning and challenges, able to think strategically but execute tactically, and eager to innovate and accelerate the organization. You bring with you a solid set of experiences while also embracing out of the box thinking. You love collaborating with others and bring your authentic self to everything you do. You will initially operate as an individual contributor leading teams of internal and external partners, organizational experts, and leaders, and program managers to build and grow a world class leadership and management effectiveness organization. You will have the opportunity to grow this function and your role as Zuora grows. Implementation efforts will include change management (in partnership with ZEO Success & BUs) to enable Zuora’s ability to scale including tools for promotion process, leader assessment, and talent review. Your work will have a direct impact to amplify the effectiveness of Leaders, Managers, and the ZEO’s (employees) they support.
In this role you will assess the organization leadership and management development requirements and set the strategy for taking Zuora’s organization and team performance to the next level to achieve our aspirations for growth. Partnering with leaders across Zuora you will drive the crafting of the vision and direction for leadership and management effectiveness. You will be responsible for execution of the strategy; to assess, design and implement learning and performance development strategies and solutions including workshops, programs, online resources, tools and more to develop the critical leadership and management skills needed to deliver on our business objectives.
WHAT YOU’LL ACHIEVE
As a successful leader in this role you will be responsible for:
- World class leader and manager development programs which scale-up our leadership capability while amplifying engagement & retention efforts of Leaders, Managers, and the ZEO’s they support.
- Aligning design, development, integration and rollout of leader development efforts with the Team of Teams initiative to ensure Zuora leaders are skillful at forming teams, holding team members accountable, dealing with conflict and difficult conversations, driving team effort, building alignment and communicating effectively, and making good decisions.
- A Leading edge portfolio of tools to enable Zuora’s ability to scale including tools for promotion process, leader assessment, and talent review
- Leader manager development strategy and roadmap in place that establishes the plan for growth of our leadership /management capability over the next 3 years
- Assessment strategy and implementation that provides data to accelerate learning for leaders and managers on their effectiveness while also feeding into talent programs
- Library of Organization Effectiveness best practices that enable our ZSP team (HR Business Partners) to effectively implement and scale OE solutions with their business units.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- 10 years work experience with huge passion for, and expertise in, leadership and management development, team and/or organizational effectiveness. Setting strategy, designing and implementing successful management/leadership development programs and initiatives.
- Experience leading and creating various aspects of learning and development (incl. program design and development, facilitation, evaluating impact of learning and metrics reporting, competency models, certification, and learning path creation).
- Ability to work individually and on a collaborative team in a fast paced and continuously evolving environment
- Ability to partner effectively with internal experts and external consultants and vendors
- Passion for building long lasting business relationships and influencing cross-functionally within a diverse team to deliver outstanding results
- Outstanding communication both written and oral; excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Certifications in external programs and assessments a plus (e.g. Mind Gym, Crucial Conversations, 360s, Meyers Briggs)
- Strong presentation material design is a plus, as is experience with Learning Management Systems
- Master's degree in the area of Learning and Development, Organizational Development, Industrial Organizational Psychology, Learning Design, or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to travel when required
ABOUT ZUORA & OUR “ZEO” CULTURE
Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-revenue process seamlessly across billing and revenue recognition. Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Ford, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Xplornet, and Zoom.
At Zuora, we have one CEO but every employee is empowered and supported to be the ‘ZEO’ of their own career experience. By embedding inclusion and belonging into our processes, policies and culture, we are building a workplace where our 1,200+ ZEOs across North America, Europe, and APAC can bring all the elements of who they are into their work. In addition to an industry-leading six-month, 100% paid parental leave for all our ZEOs, we also offer programs to support your mental health and give back to our communities along with “career cash” and plenty of learning and development opportunities.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Think, be and do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, and considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)zuora.com.