Req. ID: 131473
Micron Technology’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life and our commitment to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and professionalism while supporting our global community.
Micron Technology Development (TD) team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Senior Metrology Manager for Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) to become part of our advanced 300mm R&D Pilot Fab in Boise, Idaho. You will be responsible for continuously improving and developing metrology techniques and equipment to support Micron’s NAND and MTX. You will set a strategy for future technology development and engage with suppliers to develop the techniques and equipment needed to meet Micron’s technology roadmap. Highly motivated to minimize the development time and maximize the yield and quality levels of our next generation memory technologies will be key. You will provide detailed, experienced analysis to team members and managers on project, technical or innovation issues and be responsible for transferring technologies into manufacturing and maintaining process and equipment alignment across multiple technologies. You will work closely with multiple disciplines and departments to develop robust processes and prepare for pilot ramp and transfer. You will use technical and managerial skills to guide the group towards achieving overall area objectives. Additionally, you will initiate and drive the process for career planning and development for the members of your team while maintaining a safe environment by ensuring safety policies are followed for new processes and equipment.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- You will drive a dedicated safety culture, support the execution of Environmental Health & Safety and PHA management systems, complete all required safety training and ensure all area work is conducted in accordance with Micron safety policies
- Develop a deep understanding and drive new metrology technology and measurement techniques to ensure that our measurement capabilities meet the technical device roadmaps
- You will work closely with metrology equipment vendors on continuous improvement of software/hardware and development of new measurement techniques
- Collaboration with other department leaders to drive program strategies and initiatives
- Prioritize and track requests for new metrology solutions or recipes
- Evaluations of new metrology tools to determine lowest COO solutions with the highest accuracy and precision for deployment in Technology Development and High Volume Manufacturing
- Drive the design and optimization of the layout of metrology targets to maximize measurement quality
- Leading the seamless transfer of metrology solutions from Technology Development to High Volume Manufacturing (this will require frequent International travel)
- Maintain efficient and effective allocation of capital and human resources to ensure optimal team performance
- You will hire, develop, mentor, motivate and lead a team of highly motivated Engineers and Leaders
- You will create a culture of innovation and tenacity within your team to meet the needs of accelerated technology cadence
- Provide regular feedback to your team members on performance, developing a career plan and mentoring the team members to support their professional development
- This position requires communications and collaboration with partners both locally and globally
- Deep understanding of Micron Intellectual Property protection policy is a requirement
MS/PhD in Engineering, Physics, Material Science with 3-5 years of industry experience or BS with 7 years of industry experience.
As the leader in innovative memory solutions, Micron is helping the world make sense of data by delivering technology that is transforming how the world uses information. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial and Ballistix — we offer the industry’s broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today’s major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR and 3D XPoint™ memory. Our solutions are purpose built to leverage the value of data to unlock financial insights, accelerate scientific breakthroughs and enhance communication around the world.
Employee Rewards Program, Healthcare, Paid time off (Combined Sick and Vacation Time), Retirement savings plans, Paid maternity/paternity leave, Employee Assistance Program, Professional development training, Workplace wellness programs, Micron Health Clinic (Boise only), Fitness Center / Activity rooms (Boise only), Tuition Reimbursement, Micron Corporate Discounts, Casual Dress attire.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Boise || Idaho (US-ID) || United States (US) || Technology Development || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-SC2 ||