At Sephora, “beauty” rimes with “creativity”: Always nosing out the hottest brands and spotting the freshest trends and products, we are constantly bubbling with ideas and creativity, to offer our customers an amazing beauty selection.
At Sephora, “learning” rimes with “fun”: We encourage curiosity, innovation, disruptive spirit and freedom to experience. We are serious but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! Our passion, our sense of detail, the extreme attention we pay to details, to the others and to our environment characterizes us and nourishes our unconventional vision of the world: a colorful, happy, and generous one! This bold attitude makes our difference.
Our objective is to make Sephora the most admired beauty retailer in the world.
Through original thinking, pioneering action, and disrupting the status quo, our Digital team has transformed the beauty retail industry. From social to mobile to site to in-store technology, Sephora is a leading digital player that builds innovative client experiences where the clients are always the focus. With a “Genius” designation on the L2 Digital IQ Index (five years in a row), we’ll continue to set the pace for the industry…especially with you on our team.
Your role at Sephora:
In this role you own the Mobile Messaging channel planning process & strategies to drive channel sales growth and ensure YoY growth goals are met, ensuring a seamless client experience and smooth execution to meet primary KPIs. You will also lead testing initiatives, and recommendations based on performance. Reporting to the Director of Mobile Messaging, you will work closely with internal and external partners delivering results that are highly visible and critical to online and offline sales for the company. You’ll be part of a high-performing Digital Marketing center of excellence, partnering with your teammates that run Email and other digital marketing channels.
In addition, you will:
- Lead monthly planning meetings for broadcast campaigns with Merchants and Promo teams, leveraging inputs from Assistant Manager/Associate
- Own and innovate triggered and transactional campaigns to boost mobile app engagement/retention and drive channel sales growth
- Develop location -based messaging strategies that leverage geo-targeting to deliver relevant messaging in real -time and drive traffic and revenue to stores
- Identify new opportunities/improvements based on industry best practices as well as
- Own one -off marketing campaigns, as needed
- Ensure smooth end-to-end campaign execution across Sephora teams like Campaigns & Content, Delivery Management, and Retention Marketing Ops for Assistant Manager/Associate
- Work with Sephora and vendor product teams on an ongoing basis to enhance and ensure
stability of mobile messaging capabilities, including
- Identify opportunities and owning the management/prioritization of Sephora and vendor
feature requests/enhancements to meet business needs
- Partner with Sephora Mobile Messaging Ops to ensure data integrity and accurate implementation of Sephora product requests in each sprint
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to ensure Mobile Messaging needs are met for
routine updates and new launches
- Scale emerging marketing channels, particularly SMS text and Web Push notifications, and
support Director on one-off pilots as needed
- Work with analytics team to develop view of active mobile customer base; develop and
implement strategies to grow this base
- Evangelize Mobile Messaging best practices Across channels and stakeholders on an on-going basis, while ensuring best practices are up to date
- Support Director in identifying opportunities and executing strategies for driving app downloads and retention
- Manage and mentor Mobile Messaging Assistant Manager/Associate
- Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree
- 4-6 years of relevant experience in digital marketing
- Passion for cutting-edge technology, digital marketing, and innovative retail/consumer experiences
- Working knowledge of marketing technologies & tools
- Strong strategic business analytical skills
- Self-starter with high degree of motivation, ability to meet deadlines and to manage multiple projects
- Superior organizational and problem-solving skills. Ability to draw conclusions and take action based on data
- Ability to prioritize, work cooperatively and collaborate with cross-functional teams in an exceedingly fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external partners
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong sense of user flows across multiple paths, quality control, and experience with user-interface testing
- Regularly evaluates process and identifies areas for improvements
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
You’ll love working here because:
- The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
- The product. Employees enjoy a product discount and receive free product (“gratis”) various times throughout the year. (Think your friends and family love you now? Just wait until you work at Sephora!)
- The business. It feels good to win – and Sephora is a leader in the retail industry, defining experiential retail with a digital focus and creating the most loved beauty community in the world…with the awards and accolades to back it up.
- The perks. Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation/holiday time off, commuter benefits, and “Summer Fridays” (half-days every Friday between Memorial and Labor Day)…and so much more.
- The LVMH family. Sephora’s parent company, LVMH, is one of the largest luxury groups in the world, providing support to over 70 brands such as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Marc Jacobs, and Dior.
Working at Sephora’s Field Support Center (FSC)
Our North American operations are based in the heart of San Francisco’s Financial District, but you won’t hear us call it a headquarters – it’s the Field Support Center (FSC). At the FSC, we support our stores in providing the best possible experience for every client. Dedicated teams cater to our client’s every need by creating covetable assortments, curated content, compelling storytelling, smart strategy, skillful analysis, expert training, and more. It takes a lot of curious and confident individuals, disrupting the status quo and taking chances. The pace is fast, the fun is furious, and the passion is real. We never rest on our laurels. Our motto? If it’s not broken, fix it.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Part of the LVMH group, Sephora numbers:
- 17,000 references
- 6 million visitors annually to our Champs-Elysées flagship store
- more than 300 stores in France and around 2,000 points of sale in the world
- 27,000 employees - 4,500 of them in France
Are you willing to join us? What you will find: trainings, challenges, constant possibilities of evolution.The adventure starts here: Come sephorize the world with us!