Array Technologies, Inc. (Array) has been the world’s leading solar tracking company for 30 years. We are experiencing explosive growth built on our best-in-class products and dynamic teams. Join us, a global leader in tracking technology and help us bring clean, reliable, and economic solar power to the world.
The Sr. Manager, New Product Development Engineering will contribute to our efforts with respect to tracker product vision, innovation, enhancements, and applications, focusing on the design evolution, validation, and ultimately commercialization of products on the roadmap. The Sr. Manager, New Product Engineering will continuously develop, and ultimately own, the processes and policies that guide the development of the components and systems on the product roadmap. The ideal candidate is a driven, natural leader that can drive initiatives from start to completion, cross functionally. This position is full-time and exempt. Some travel is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and direction for multiple engineering disciplines within the organization
- Develops resource allocation plans based on active and future priorities and programs to ensure effective execution within scope of a project or program.
- Has in-depth technical, functional and business expertise
- Leverages relationships with key internal/external customers to support business needs
- Identifies business issues that may impact organizational results
- Assists in the development of plans to achieve functional or cross-functional objectives
- Develops and implements department performance metrics
- Negotiates with and influences organizational leadership to set priorities and solidify relationships
- Leverages the performance management cycle to motivate employees and support achievement
- Supervises daily activities of project personnel including technical and administrative support and ensures that deliverables are produced on schedule and within budget
- Understands relationships between work processes and the business
- Organizes work to meet deadlines set by others
- Builds team effectiveness skills within work team
- May be responsible for all phases of planning and execution of the largest and most complex of projects.
- Participates in the marketing, sales and product development teams to implement business development initiatives.
- Works with sales/product management teams to develop a vision, for the deliverables on the product roadmap, develops annual budgets and other related indirect cost elements.
- Translates market requirements to design requirements
- Participates in staffing decisions for proposals and projects, works with Sr. Leadership and HR/Recruitment to recruit and hire staff as needed to execute proposals and projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be an expert in product development, with extensive knowledge of stage/gate or phase/gate methodologies
- Experience managing a technical team required
- Ability to read detailed technical drawings and specifications required
- Must have excellent communication and team building skills
- Excellent organization skills, detail oriented and process focused
- Effective presenting to various teams within the business, including leadership team
- Proficient with MS Office suite required
- Experience with modeling/drawing applications required, Ansys, SolidWorks a plus
- Experience with ERP systems, specifically SAP, a plus
- Experience with CRM systems, specifically Salesforce, a plus
Education and Experience
- Engineering and development of mechanical / electrical products and systems: 10+ years required
- Management of a multi-disciplined engineering team: 5-7 years required
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field required
- Master’s degree in engineering preferred, MBA ideal
- Demonstrated ability to manage large scale engineering development projects
- Direct relevant knowledge of Engineering methodologies and practices
- Demonstrated project management experience on multiple programs/projects in parallel