The Green Bank, a quasi-public authority, is the nation's first state "Green Bank," leveraging public and private funds to drive investment and scale up clean energy deployment in Connecticut. Working at the Green Bank means being part of a dynamic team of talented people who are passionate about implementing the new green bank model, stimulating the growth of clean energy in Connecticut, strengthening our economy, and protecting our environment.
The Financing Programs team is responsible for the Green Bank's Clean energy lending programs including Multifamily term and predevelopment lending programs (e.g., Low Income Multifamily Energy Loan), renewable energy Power Purchase Agreement offering (s) (e.g., Green Bank Solar PPA), support of the "Lead by Example" program (e.g., Energy Savings Agreements), and the statewide Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy (C-PACE) Program. This team has responsibility for program design, implementation, target setting, and customer acquisition. Most of the programs are managed in house with some external vendor support.
This position is responsible for increasing awareness of and to identify and acquire new clients for the Connecticut Green Bank's (CGB) Financing Programs.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Works with the Vice President, Financing Programs and Managers to build a pipeline of property owners interested in C-PACE and PPA financing programs the Green Bank would fund;
- In conjunction with Marketing and Financing Programs teams, helps to create outreach plan for Green Bank's Financing Programs with Marketing and Financing Programs teams;
- Develops and nurtures relationships with prospective property owner clients, commercial real estate trade groups, business associations, developers, municipalities, and portfolio property owners throughout Connecticut to develop project opportunities;
- Partners with prospective clients to find Green Bank financing offerings;
- Partners with other stakeholders, including contractors, municipalities, inspectors, and CGB staff, to move projects from leads to projects;
- Identifies market gaps and new opportunities for existing and new Green Bank financing offerings;
- Represents the CGB inpublic at conferences, and networking events ;
- Performs initial reviews of prospective clients to determine eligibility to use CGB Financing Programs;
- Works with Managers and acts as a resource as projects move to closing;
- May supervise CGB staff including assistants and interns; and
- Performs other duties as necessary.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The following minimum qualifications in knowledge skill and ability are required:
- Experience with business development and lead generation activities in the clean energy, energy efficiency, or financial services sectors.
- Knowledge of utility renewable energy and energy efficiency policies and programs; specific knowledge of Connecticut programs a plus.
- General knowledge of commercial property markets, including leasing structures.
- Ability to understand various energy-related technologies and financial products, particularly C-PACE or PPA financing (prior knowledge of these financial products is a plus).
- Strong interpersonal skills involving the ability to work with other parties, at all levels, internally and externally.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively, tactfully, and courteously through oral and written communications.
- Ability to work as part of a team, but also work independently, exercise judgment, critical thinking and creativity, and take initiative.
- Knowledge of and direct experience with the process of project tracking with particular emphasis on customer support, application processing and/or marketing services in the clean energy or financial services sectors.
- Strong organization skills and demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other software programs as necessary.
- Knowledge of customer relationship management and/or work flow applications, including Salesforce.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
A Bachelor's degree in environmental science, engineering, economics, business administration, public administration, or other related field. Five (5) years of experience in performing business development and lead generation activities, ideally with demonstrable ability in a field related to clean energy, energy efficiency, or banking/financial services.
- A Master's degree in environmental science, engineering, economics, business administration, public administration, or other related field may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the general experience.
- Frequent communications, verbal and written
- Visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess
- Repetitive use of hands and fingers -typing and/or writing
- Frequent travel to attend events, and meet property owners and other key stakeholders
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Frequent travel is expected, mainly by car. Can expect up to 50% of time spent traveling throughout Connecticut and applicant should be able to withstand the physical requirements associated with frequent travel.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The Green Bank reserves the right to fill this position at other levels in our career structure depending on the experience of the candidate and needs of the organization.
LOCATION: This position will work out of our main office in Rocky Hill, CT.
To apply for this position, please follow the link below and click on the Senior Manager of Market Engagement, Financing Programs. Please submit a cover letter and resume in order to be considered for this position.
Closing Date: June 10, 2020 or when a qualified candidate is identified.
no recruiters please