The Senior Manager of Sales Operations will direct and improve current processes and job functions of all internal sales and support employees inclusive of Training and Engagement, Partner Services, Event Planning, Business Analysis, Guest Relations, and Group Sales and Operations. Through establishing one line of communication and direction, these teams will work together for the purpose of formalizing cohesive service and retention teams. The Senior Manager will strategize with the exec team to execute project management goals and run internal Sales Operations to better support the sales team and VP.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a team of Partner Services Coordinators through performance management, hiring, discipline, and coaching. Promote a supportive environment where Partner Services Coordinators are encouraged to solve problems and address customer issues to a high level of satisfaction with the goal of customer service excellence and retention, freeing up the sales team to focus on account and new business growth. Develop succession plans for team development
- Develop training and orientation program for current sales team and new team members.
- Manage and develop budget process for goodwill tracking, department spend, and DSM spending.
- Maintain effective, strategic relationships with overseas/domestic offices, DSMs and accounts.
- Coordinate work flow and processes within the Sales Operations Departments. Organize and lead meetings related to accomplishing project goals. Focus on Process improvement within the varied team members and liase with relevant departments to roll out and adopt changes through webinars, trainings and other communication.
- Support and direct the Trafalgar and Brendan groups process and management team. Continue to implement efficiency improvement ideas and market share shift initiatives.
- Support and direct the Project and Event Planner through all facets of event and travel planning.
- Support the Business Analyst through all facets of report planning and implementation of new projects. Work to ensure Analyst has support and back up when needed.
- Manage Guest Relations Manager to ensure best utilization of resources in support of the department.
- Review and organize reporting schedule, calendar and directives for completion and standardization.
- Work with various department managers and staff to ensure project plans and resources are appropriate for the project and the organization.
- Develop and execute project plans, including timelines, process maps, etc., considering project goals and constraints (e.g. timeline, budget, human resources). Coordinate resources needed (people, technology, etc) required to complete project goals.
- Maintain strong business relationships with our partners and service their needs in relation to sales initiatives, promotions, and escalated issues. Work hand in hand with DSMs and DOSs to ensure internal sales operations are running efficiently. Obtain consistent feedback from the field sales team on current processes.
- Delegate and manage the handling of fam trips, trade shows, awards, agency product reports, contracts, and sales follow up marketing cloud initiatives. Develop and execute formalized FAM process and tracking to increase ROI.
- Develop and manage Travel Agent Discount, Prizewinner, and VIP process.
- Develop and manage revenue generating initiatives in Partner Services inclusive of C, D and E account management.
- Other Duties as required and assigned.
- 5+ years experience in managing projects and working with senior management, 5-7 years in travel industry with an emphasis in tour operations preferred.
- Excel, Word, Outlook, Visio, InDesign, One Note, and PowerPoint; MS Project preferred. Extensive knowledge of Tropics & Salesforce. Ability to pick up new software is required.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to build and maintain good working relationships with people at all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Required to look at a computer screen for long periods. Vision correctable to 20/20 required.
- Required to be able to sit for long periods. Required to be able to lift up to 25 lbs with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team through joint success required. Ability to work closely with Executive team, sales, marketing, and operations management and teams required. Highly organized and effective communicator with staff, managers, and travel agents required. Results-oriented self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment required. Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines and budgets required. Exceptional account management experience and demonstrated ability to drive quarterly/annual business plans. Up to 25% travel required.