Are you interested in working in a dynamic, results-oriented role, and have a passion for supervision, project, and communications-related work? We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated, thoughtful and agile leader to manage the Office of the Head of Supervision in our Financial Institution Supervision and Credit (FISC) group at the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
This role will work directly with the head of supervision and senior leaders on a variety of projects initiatives and manages change related to FISC initiatives or other core supervision business wide initiatives that will impact all communication strategies and plans specific to FISC core supervisory business lines and policy management end to end process.
- Collaborate with senior leadership, and People + Culture on change management and culture initiatives. In addition, support the head of supervision on various supervision-related projects for internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead the team responsible for guidance and policy dissemination and communications, providing development, mentorship, coaching, and feedback.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all key partners within FISC senior leadership, other Bank groups and Federal Reserve System.
- Contribute to cross-functional programs by collaborating with peers for change management, policy implementation, relationship management, and strategic communications.
- Champion innovation and demonstrate agility, while ensuring the team's focus evolves appropriately with supervisory priorities, with a focus on communication strategies, change management and policy management.
- Cultivate an environment of accountability with respect to outcomes and behaviors.
- Collaborate and effectively influence with a variety of partners and model collaborative behavior for staff.
- Provide opportunities and continuous authentic feedback to develop staff.
- Be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or hold a permanent resident/green card with intent to become a U.S. Citizen.
- An undergraduate degree.
- 7+ years of professional experience, preferably in banking, finance, or banking supervision including 3+ years of leadership/change management / communication/ policy management experience.
- Experience with translating complex information into relevant language according to the audience; including a proven track record in crafting and writing compelling, sustainable and relevant communication materials specific to FISC (supervisory business lines) desired.
- Strong technical and analytical skills, with an understanding of evolving communication platforms.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and influencing skills, with the ability to optimally communicate with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Comfort and experience in public speaking with executive-level presentation skills.
- Resiliency and ability to deal with ambiguity.
- We are looking for candidates who demonstrate innovative thinking.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time