The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood biomass solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of wood pellets, which provide a low carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
Enviva is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland with operational headquarters in Raleigh, North Carolina. The company owns and operates manufacturing facilities in Florida, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia. Each location is home to a team of experts dedicated to managing safety, quality, and reliability while ensuring a seamless supply of renewable products that exceed customers’ expectations around the globe.
At Enviva, we value our people, our forests, and our communities. Together, we serve our customers with the professionalism of a global leader and the entrepreneurial spirit of a company that is redefining the future of renewable energy today.
Join us—and join a team with purpose.
As a critical member of the Accounting team, the Operations Accounting Manager will supervise multiple plant/port controllers and support the plant-level accounting team, leading and continuously improving the month end process for their plants and advising the operations team on technical accounting questions. The Operations Accounting Senior Manager reports to the Director of Operations Accounting in Raleigh.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Supervise and develop multiple plant/port controllers, mostly remotely but also by sometimes working with their plant/port controllers on-site (such as during monthly closes and transitions).
- Leads and continuously improves the month end closing process (accuracy and timeliness) for all operations at their Enviva plants through review and consolidation of the financial statements in accordance with GAAP, internal controls and reviewing account reconciliations
- Prepare certain financial information about all Enviva plants for review by the Director and for submission to Corporate Accounting and internal and external auditors in Bethesda, Maryland
- Support their plant controllers providing timely and accurately information to Operations Finance team and work through Director to ensure controllers meeting both accounting and finance needs
- Partner with the regional general managers, and the operations organization and its leadership, to provide analytical and business support for key initiatives and challenges to operations at Enviva
- Collaborate with management to prepare and present plant monthly financial reporting packages, which summarize the business activity and financial performance, and annual budget estimates
- Support Plant and Port Managers, directly and/or through the plant/port Controllers, to ensure their accounting needs are timely and accurately met and to leverage accounting information to aid operations
- Develop an understanding of operations, to promote best practices and to proactively monitor critical areas for controls (such as scales, inventory, fixed assets, fiber procurement and IT systems), to perform on-going risk assessments, and to develop and/or implement new controls
- Oversee adherence to accounting policies in consultation with the corporate team in Bethesda
- Collect and review plant schedules and other information to evaluate accruals and other journal entries during month end close, considering budgets, purchase orders, goods receipts and milestones
- Support all inventory valuation and accounting processes, including the physical inventory of raw materials, finished goods and spare parts considering the working capital implications of current and forecasted inventory balances and potential obsolescence and including its documentation
- Work closely with the internal and external auditors during site visits and quarterly/annual detail testing of transactions and controls, including to ensure efficient and effective testing and monitoring of results
- Exhibit and promote high levels of ethics, integrity, accountability and determination
- Prepare other ad hoc management reports as necessary and perform other tasks as assigned, including the potential to perform accounting-related due diligence on potential acquisitions of plants from third-parties and to support integration into Enviva processes, systems and controls