The Sr. Operations Service Delivery Manager supports the Customer Service and Support teams by providing management information to properly staff and conduct its operations, while measuring its performance in delivering on its customer commitments. This information is used to monitor performance, inform decision making, and create action plans at the solution, client, product, service channel, functional department, and employee levels.
This position accesses and integrates data from all HealthStream and applicable partner databases and reporting platforms. Using this data, the Sr. Manager creates and publishes a portfolio of KPI reports, conducts analysis, and participates on/leads project teams to continuously improve our WFD customer service and support, operational and financial results.
This position also supports our measurement and improvement activities spanning the end-to-end customer experience – from Onboarding through Success Management.
This role has significant input into operating strategies and creating consistent, customer-focused business practices across solution lanes, products, internal teams, and vendor partners.
The successful individual must have an ability to efficiently gather data, possess a passion for using rigorous analysis to find root cause solutions and make business recommendations, and the people skills to lead cross functional teams to successfully deploy sustainable solutions.
The position reports directly to the Vice President of Customer Service and Support with a dotted line to the Director of Business Enablement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with Customer Service and Support leadership to define key business and delivery objectives and their associated key performance measures.
- Translate key performance measures into technical rule sets to be used as building blocks for business reports.
- Develop and consistently deliver to business leaders, a portfolio of timely, accurate, professionally presented service level, customer quality, efficiency, financial and SLA reports.
- Provide graphs and other visualizations, with drill-down capability into all key criteria including solution lane, product, service channel, department and individual.
- Continually analyze KPI reports versus goals to pro-actively identify negative customer trends, performance gaps, or opportunities for improvement in the areas of process, technology, and people management.
- Perform routine and ad-hoc reporting and analysis for specific internal/external customers for the continual enhancement of our customer relationships and support of day-to-day operations.
- Develop strategic and tactical action plans to address service issues and customer relationship risks in advance of client escalations to drive improvements across the organization.
- Present findings and recommendations to senior leaders.
- Lead or participate on project teams focused on improving the timeliness, throughput, quality and overall results of our customer service and support processes.
- Create and maintain staffing and capacity planning models. Track actual results and produce recurring forecasts of product volumes and staffing needs by product group, and service/support modality.
- Perform variance analysis of labor, direct, indirect and fixed costs versus targets.
- Create vendor partner SLA/operational/cost models. Monitor and manage vendor partner SLA and contractual compliance.
- Complete special projects designed to improve our financial decision making and vendor management practices. Support the ongoing HealthStream P&L cost allocation process.
- Actively collaborate and participate with enterprise reporting and analysis teams to share knowledge, best practices and process / quality improvement opportunities.
A. KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 4-year undergraduate degree required.
- Healthcare industry experience is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience analyzing operational data with demonstrated contemporary experience using tools such as SQL Server, PL/SQL, Power BI, Tableau, TOAD, Salesforce, Oracle, MS Access, MS Excel.
B. SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity, professionalism, and the ability to establish strong credibility within HealthStream, and with customers and partners.
- Possesses the ability to build internal and customer partner relationships and communicate effectively across functional areas, and to all levels in the organization.
- Works with and integrates large amounts of customer, operations, and financial data from disparate databases/repositories.
- Has a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities. Applies sound operational/statistical analysis, find correlations, make inferences, and recommends improvements.
- Self-starter who actively goes beyond surface level analysis to seek appropriate level of detailed knowledge and answers. Thoroughly researches unfamiliar topics. Displays persistence in finding answers to difficult and complex questions. Accepts input, researches and implements creative solutions for obtaining, integrating and reporting upon data.
- Leads cross functional projects to implement data-driven improvements.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills. Ability to translate complex functional and technical information into easy to understand concepts and information.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization, time management and documentation skills.
C. ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Owns his/her results, acts with urgency to address tasks and improvement opportunities.
- Functions best in a highly collaborative, team-oriented, results-based environment.
- Willingly and frequently speaks up, shares ideas, and encourages others to do the same.
- Delivers and seeks timely, candid, and actionable feedback.
- Self-starter and continuous learner capable of functioning in a fast-paced environment and adapting to dynamically changing business needs.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Continually challenges the status quo to improve customer-facing and internal processes.
- Applies learnings to new situations to create best practices.
- Practices good resource stewardship by sharing best practices and resources across HealthStream, allowing other teams to accelerate innovation, be more efficient, scale their processes and improve results.
HealthStream is an equal opportunity employer. HealthStream prohibits employment practices that discriminate against individual employees or groups of employees on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other category deemed protected by state and/or federal law