At Lundbeck, we are tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health so every person can be their best. Headquartered in Copenhagen with a U.S. home office in Deerfield, Ill., Lundbeck is the only global biopharmaceutical company focused solely on brain diseases. Our legacy in neuroscience goes back seven decades and we have a long heritage of innovation. Lundbeck has developed and commercialized some of the world’s most widely prescribed therapies for psychiatric and neurological disorders. Today, we remain uncompromisingly committed to improving the quality of life for people impacted by brain disorders. Lundbeck is unique from other biopharmaceutical companies in that we are 70 percent owned by a research-focused foundation. We have a deep and productive pipeline, and we continue to bring forward symptomatic therapies to help people live better lives, while simultaneously pursuing disease-modifying treatments.
The Senior Manager Pipeline Forecasting and Commercial Assessment leads the development of forecasting and commercial assessment cases for the US organization. The cases include assets within our internal pipeline (including some LCMs) as well as business development opportunities. This role will interact with many functions including New Product Planning, Market Research, Market Access, as well as counterparts within Global HQ (Corporate BD, NPP, etc.). This role will work closely with cross-functional partners to gather assumptions related to forecasts and commercial cases while ensuring proper stakeholder management across the organization. This stakeholder management is a key activity to ensure senior leaders have signed off on any assessments which will be brought to the Portfolio Management Board (PMB) or Executive Management (EM). This role reports to the Director of Commercial Forecasting but will also work with the Senior Director of Business Insights to drive a highly efficient process of evaluation and refinement.
- Leads the design, preparation and maintenance of asset forecasts by applying multiple forecast methodologies, including epidemiology based and TRx based modeling
- Aggregates research on different disease areas, competitive markets, and patient populations sizes leveraging internal research and external sources (e.g, DRG)
- Develops Forecasts for pipeline, business development and life-cycle management opportunities while working closely with other forecasting team members
- Leads the project management of forecast cycles (LTP, APR, etc.) for pipeline assets to ensure key stakeholders are providing input and reviewing key information
- Proactively use forecasts to support pipeline decision making and to respond to ad-hoc forecast requests
- Develops and maintains key collaborative relationships with internal cross functional and external partners to initiate and obtain relevant data and analysis for forecast inputs
- Leverage in-depth biopharma environment understanding including internal & external sources to deliver asset level insights
- Collaborates with the global forecasting team in the development of all U.S. forecasts
- Manages the development and aggregation of commercials cases (e.g., SG&A costs) to contribute to development of business cases
- Assists in development of stakeholder presentations for US and Global leadership
- As it relates to development of pipeline/BD cases activities include:
- Conducts analysis of various data sources to understand patient sizes, patient flows/ treatment patterns, competitor sales and share trends, etc.
- Creates and manages a repository of previous cases (forecasts, costs, etc.) to allow for future use on new cases
- Tracks external sources for news related to current or upcoming BD opportunities
- Communicates with different cross-functional resources to help manage timelines, information, and identify pain points
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Accredited Bachelor’s degree with 7+ years of experience in forecasting, finance, data analysis, strategy consulting or other quantitative fields OR an accredited Master’s Degree with 4+ years of experience in forecasting, finance, data analysis, strategy consulting or other quantitative fields
- 4 years of experience in the Pharma/Biotech/Medical Device industry with at least 2+ years of direct experience in pharmaceutical or biotech forecasting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with descriptive analytics and related techniques
- Comfort and experience working on cross-functional teams in multi-functional projects/programs
- Ability to work well with all levels of employees and demonstrate strong teaming and partnering skills
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, taking initiative and working independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical subject matter experts
- Ability to establish detailed timelines and ensure milestones are achieved
- Strong Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
PREFERRED EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working within a Global company
- Knowledge of advanced analytics, statistics, etc. techniques and best practices
- Knowledge of HCP prescriber level data, anonymized patient longitudinal data, etc.
- Previous experience with analytical software applications such as SAS, R, etc.
TRAVEL / WORKING CONDITIONS
Willingness / Ability to travel up to 10% of domestically. International travel may be required.
Lundbeck is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law, rule, or regulation. Lundbeck participates in E-Verify.
Senior Project Manager