Celebrating 96 years…
Teknor Apex Company is a privately held, global material science company founded in 1924 and headquartered in Pawtucket, Rhode Island. We manufacture for our eight divisions in 9 locations in the U.S., and one each in Singapore, China, Belgium and Germany.
In all our businesses we pride ourselves on our commitment to technical innovation, quality products and custom service.
The Sr. Manager, Product Marketing is responsible for supporting the development of global business and marketing plans of the Vinyl businesses. This role executes the marketing activities aligned with the business units’ strategies and coordinates the Americas & EMEA marketing activities with those in Asia.
Develop and execute regional marketing plans working with region marketing managers/coordinators:
- Support development of global business strategy and marketing plan. Develop and regionalize strategy for key segments in the Americas and EMEA regions
- Translate global Vinyl marketing plan into a regional marketing plans and manage the execution of these plans. Including:
- product and service offering
- sales channel strategy
- marketing communication
- Initiate and execute market development programs in the region
- Build thorough understanding of total business chain and Vinyl value in use
- Develop the winning Vinyl concepts for targeted applications with key (target) customers, institutes, etcetera as well as own internal (R&D) organization,
- Build the toolkit (target market/products/pricing strategy/sales strategy/application know-how/market communications etc) prior to general market introduction
- Working together with regional sales and business development teams, organize market introduction and gain commercial success.
- Analyze brand positioning of key product brands within their competitive space.
- Aligned with the business unit strategy, develop a corresponding brand strategy to drive brand recognition in chosen markets.
- In chosen markets, drive positive brand awareness, relevant differentiation, value, accessibility and emotional connection to ultimately enable competitive advantage
- For each product brand, develop a clear and simple value proposition that is embraced by the relevant sales organization
- Educate employees, prioritizing the sales organization, about the brand promise, elevator speech and identity standards, and giving them the incentives, tools and training to become effective brand champions
- Translating brand elements into specific plans and go-to-market strategies
- Work closely with agencies to manage brand marketing campaign
- Develop and execute a regional branding/marketing communications strategy
- Manage marcom campaigns, including tradeshows, conferences, press releases etc
- Support and coordination with regional marketing managers (EU and AP) in developing global strategy and marketing plan
- the general sales manager in developing and executing sales plan for the region
- product manager in defining future product portfolio needs and with market introduction of new grades
- technology director in both businesses in development of their technology plan
- in developing and implementing pricing and margin strategy in NA
- Needs to create an effective outside network to create the “outside-in” as needed to be successful in finding innovation opportunities and executing these
- Influencing change in a business environment with multiple stakeholders (OEM’s, tier-1, tier-2, specifiers, and end users)
- Strong global coordination of activities needed with other functions (Sales; R&D; and Operations).
- Out of the box thinker, willing to challenge the status quo.
- Creative thinking with strong problem solving and srategic planning
- Position requires at least 10 years of experience in specialty plastics industry preferably in a multinational environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline required.
- MBA preferred
Teknor Apex is an EOE. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.