At Blueground, we are guided by a vision to make people feel at home wherever they choose to live. By offering fully-furnished apartments that are move-in ready in the world’s most vibrant neighborhoods, we provide our guests with the opportunity to simply #ShowUpStartLiving. Behind the scenes, we strive for a tech-powered living experience that guests love, homed in an organization where great people are proud to work.
We’ve grown a lot since our founding in 2013. We are now hosting guests in more than 3,500 homes in 12 cities and we have raised more than $80m in funding to date.
What drives our success is how each of our team members applies our core values. To our team, Time is everything, and we cherish it greatly. For us, Excellence isn’t simply a standard, but an exciting way to look at life. We Care deeply about our clients and colleagues and never lose sight of the human element, which goes hand-in-hand with Transparency which we believe makes our day-to-day life easier.
We are looking for a Senior Manager - Public Relations & Communications based in NYC (or working remotely within the US) to join our global marketing team.
You will lead our Global PR and broader communications to promote awareness of our brand, communicate our brand values, and company narrative in alignment with our business goals. You will be reporting to the CMO and be an important partner to the Blueground teams across our corporate services and our operating countries, i.e. USA, UK, France, UAE, Turkey and Greece.
We are looking for a communicator with strong storytelling abilities, excellent writing skills, substantive experience engaging business, consumer and technology media, and a proven track record for pitching and placing stories.
This position is responsible for all communications (external and internal) including selecting and managing PR agencies across the operating countries. In addition, this role supports an integrated marketing approach, ensuring consistent messaging is delivered to the target audience across a variety of marketing channels.
What you will focus on:
- Strategize communication plans and develop and execute integrated PR campaigns that tell the Blueground company story in a compelling way and help drive Blueground’s reputation as an innovator and industry leader
- Cultivate strategic relationships with relevant media outlets & journalists, while identifying, onboarding, and managing day-to-day PR agency relationships in select markets-
- Hire, coach and inspire a lean team or remotely-based communications professionals to deliver various projects with external and internal audiences
- Set, influence and monitor KPIs to clearly demonstrate the impact of PR in the business
- Research, identify and pitch stories and bylines to key reporters and relevant media outlets nurturing a network of trade, technology and business press contacts
- Work closely with country business units and develop communication programs in each country in alignment with the global communication strategy
- Train and mentor company spokespeople to deliver consistent and compelling messages that support our company narrative
- Follow industry trends and develop company positions to respond to news and inbound media inquiries
- Create communications for news media, including articles, biographies, press kits, press releases, scripts and other content initiatives as needed
- Build a ‘thought leadership’ platform by creating content, securing speaking slots, bylined articles and other mediums to increase Blueground’s position as the de facto leader in our space
- Organize owned events to promote relationship with various business partners
- Partner with the People team to develop strategic plan for internal communications, providing oversight on both mass and targeted employee communications
- Lead and coordinate event sponsorships in collaboration with the local teams
- Create and maintain a favourable brand image of the company across review websites like Google My Business, Glassdoor, Yelp, etc
- Lead cross functional relationships with brand, product, sales and other key departments within the company to identify critical product differentiation for storytelling, while ensuring key stakeholders (internal & external) are informed & supportive of plans
What we are looking for:
- 7+ years of brand and corporate public relations experience (3+ years at manager level), either in-house or at a top-tier agency
- A track record of creating and executing impactful PR campaigns that achieve qualitative and quantitative results
- Established relationships/contacts with media outlets & journalists in key s lifestyle, tech, interior design & hospitality in the USA (required) and Europe (preferred)
- Great storytelling, writing (newswriting, speechwriting) and presentation skills
- Multi-tasker with a hands on mindset, able to manage end to end projects from conception to execution
- Great understanding of how PR works together with brand, SEO, social media and influencer marketing strategies
- Creative, yet analytical. Able to prioritize, multi-task, and work well under tight and shifting deadlines
- Collaborative and team-oriented, demonstrating a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications or equivalent practical experience
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Health Insurance (medical, dental and vision plans)
- 401k retirement plan
- Flexible paid time off
- Enhanced parental leave
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in Greece and winter in Dubai