Lead the Software department to create and execute a strategy in alignment with the business line strategy, develop organizational and individual skill sets within the team, and develop processes and champion continuous improvement initiatives within and across departments.
Operational Excellence (55%)
- Creates and executes a strategy for the Software department.
- Delivers projects in accordance with planned scope, schedules and budgets.
- Communicates frequently with stakeholders on project definition, scope, and status.
- Ensures projects are released in compliance with quality, compliance, security, or industry standards.
- Manages department expenses to annual budgets.
- Provides necessary information to business line leadership in order to inform short- and long-term planning.
Continuous Improvement (25%)
- Identifies and leads process improvements, creates, executes and audits written processes, and improves department processes through on-the-job application and leverage of best practices from the industry, participation in professional and industry trade organizations, reviewing product development papers/literature and attending appropriate seminars and workshops.
Team Management (20%)
- Selects, manages, evaluates, motivates, and develops employees to ensure a qualified workforce necessary to meet Company objectives while complying with EEO and Affirmative Action guidelines or foreign employment guidelines as applicable.
- Conducts performance reviews in accordance with the Performance Management Program, providing fair and accurate assessments of employee performance, training needs, areas for improvement, and possibility of future growth within the organization.
- Creates and implements employee development plans to support and drive career development.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field, MS/MBA preferred.
- Technical engineering background with a minimum of 10 years of leadership experience required.
- 5 years experience managing a diverse organization with multiple managers preferred.
- Experience with planning, tracking, and executing project development within an Agile development environment.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with customers and users, managing conflict resolution, and serving as an escalation decision-maker.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of problem-solving processes and application of tools.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills and demonstrated coaching skills.
- Experience in building personnel development plans, setting and managing by objectives, and holding regular personnel reviews.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and to be able to respond quickly to changing needs.