At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat CTO Networking team is looking for an experienced technical Senior Manager to join us in Westford, MA. In this role, you will work as part of a growing organization that helps define and implement Red Hat's networking vision and strategy. You will lead an experienced software development team to design, architect, and implement future networking solutions for Red Hat's cloud platforms. You will develop, coach, and mentor associates, as well as provide technical guidance. As a Senior Manager, many members of your team and other teams you collaborate with will be distributed requiring a highly collaborative approach for success.
Primary job responsibilities
- Lead and guide the networking team to design, develop, and implement emerging networking solutions for Red Hat's next-generation platforms, including Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift as well as contribute to Red Hat's strategy in these areas
- Provide coaching and career development for team members
- Grow Red Hat's networking vision, explore emerging technologies and projects, and set priorities for the team
- Provide technical leadership in networking area across Red Hat
- Build relationships and collaborate across Red Hat with product engineering teams on guiding features into Red Hat's portfolio of offerings
- Work upstream, when appropriate, to collaborate with external people and organizations to accomplish goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 10+ years of significant software development experience
- Proven experience managing a team of 10-20 engineers, with at least a few remote members
- Solid leadership and practical experience leading by example
- Ability to lead a diverse team in a highly collaborative environment
- Experience in designing and delivering large-scale enterprise solutions
- Deep knowledge of IP network technologies and industry trends
- Excellent project management experience and skills
- Experience in contributing to or participating in open source projects
- Experience with networking technologies such as routing and switching, network operations, network functions virtualization (NFV), and software-defined networking (SDN)
- Ability to demonstrate highly collaborative problem solving skills
- Experience with Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift, and container networking technologies is a plus
- Experience with OpenStack, Red Hat OpenStack Platform, and its relevant networking a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.