Launched in 2000, Hotwire is one of the earliest innovators in the online travel arena and part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
Our roots are in California, and we also have offices in Seattle along with an important and fast-growing product & technology presence in Gurgaon, India. Hotwire has the energy and pace of a startup, plus the stability and backing of the incredible Expedia family of companies. Hotwire’s culture centers around delivering value to customers and supply partners by being passionate about building great products with the latest and greatest technologies available. We pride ourselves on our organizational transparency, a bias for action and a customer-centric approach to everything we do.
Hotwire differentiates itself as a brand within the travel marketplace by offering a unique core value proposition for customers and suppliers with our opaque pricing model. This concept revolves around offering great bargains on hotel room nights without sharing the specific name or location of the hotel until the booking is complete. By giving this flexibility to our suppliers, we can offer great value to our customers. Hotwire also offers a full retail suite of other travel products that can fulfill virtually any customer travel need.
Are you curious and like to solve business problems? Would you want to have a meaningful impact and see your work affect the bottom line revenue? Do you like to see happy customers? As Senior Manager, Strategic Accounts you will be responsible for the development and optimization of car rental supply through relationships with a portfolio of strategic suppliers to maximize revenues. As the primary senior account owner for these partnerships, you will demonstrate deep relationships and key insights to drive industry-best inventory for our brand. The senior account manager also negotiates the best level of terms and products from our car rental suppliers. You should be an effective collaborator, and at the same time, you should be an independent worker comfortable with defining what success will look like and then effectively delivering against that. The ideal candidate for this role will have some digital travel experience, exude positive energy, is analytical, acts with urgency and enjoys interacting with people in order to accomplish business goals.
- Develop strategy for our Car Supply, which ladders up to the overall Hotwire strategy, through clear understanding of our customers and partners, and by identifying, evaluating and prioritizing key opportunities
- Evolve our partnership strategy to be more holistic and forward thinking, including retention and negotiation strategies for key partners
- Lead strategic/annual planning process to develop mutual partner performance objectives, financial targets and critical milestones on an ongoing basis
Strategic Account Management
- Create strong commercial relationships and position Hotwire as the partner of choice in the industry
- With assigned partner portfolio, you conduct day-to-day interactions and conduct regular business reviews
- Monitor sales performance and communicate insights and recommendations to internal leadership
- You define, execute and analyze inventory quality, with the aim of growing the understanding and success of opaque rate offerings
- Lead consultative negotiations to create strong commercial relationships, formalized in enduring contractual agreements
- Manage marketing and promotional opportunities with our vendors.
- Be a guide on our site functionalities, suppliers’ technical constraints, online and offline booking flow processes, payment methods, and be able to troubleshoot issues and/or work with Tech support and operations teams to resolve them swiftly
- Foresee, document, and mitigate risk across internal and external partnerships
- Deal effectively with complex situations involving multiple parties internally or externally
- Work collaboratively with car rental partners to discover new opportunities and drive new business.
- Build business cases to quantify and prioritize partner opportunities, and communicate the strategy and tactical plans effectively with senior leaders and stakeholders
- Provide leadership within the Car Supply team, and deliver results with consistent high quality and impact
- Evaluate market trends and competitor activity, and provide analysis and recommendations to management
- Develop and execute against framework for enhanced collaboration with Expedia Group Car Supply and Business teams
- B.A./B.S. degree. MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years work experience, preferably in the travel or car rental industries, in a product management, commercial or business analytics role
- A minimum of 7 years’ professional experience in an account management, sales or OTA market consulting role
- Strong MS Office skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to motivate and influence paired with demonstrated negotiation skills
- Business driven with a strong focus on exceeding targets
- Ability to travel to supplier headquarters and/or other Expedia Group offices
- Team player, ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.