Support the organization by managing all aspects of US GAAP compliance required for external and internal financial reporting. A critical function will be the codification of all internal accounting policies and procedures and the preparation of technical accounting memorandums which will form the basis of a future internal audit function.
- Responsible for the development and codification of all Hayward accounting policies and procedures.
- Analysis of new accounting pronouncements and their applicability to Hayward.
- Develop implementation plans and execute same.
- Prepare written technical accounting memorandums supporting positions taken or to be taken.
- Work closely with business controllers and their staff, and external advisors to ensure proper compliance with company policy and accounting rules
- Have a very strong working knowledge of accounting for income taxes.
- Work with outside auditors on technical aspects of financial statement presentation and footnote disclosures.
- Provide Mergers and Acquisition support as needed. A key aspect is ascertaining that acquisition targets are quickly and thoroughly complying with Hayward policies and procedures.
- Leader of IPO Readiness exercise.
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Corporate Controller.
A successful candidate must have a deep understanding of US GAAP developed through experience as an auditor in a Big Four firm. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to adeptly handle each essential duty satisfactorily and with much autonomy. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: 8 to 10 years related audit experience with a BA in Accounting and a CPA license. Big Four Public accounting managerial experience with SEC registrant clients is strongly preferred. Superior technical research and writing skills are highly valued. Must be comfortable in interacting with senior executives and be able to lead diverse implementation teams that are not in the candidate’s direct line of responsibility. Should be analytical and technical while being able to synthesize information to non-accountants. Experience with PE owned businesses are a plus. Working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley is essential. Leadership capabilities with a track record of steady promotion should be demonstrable.