Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? Since 2013, Novartis Gene Therapies (formerly AveXis) has had one focus: bringing change to those devastated by genetic diseases.
The Novartis Gene Therapies culture embraces this mission. As a compassionate and dedicated team, we are enthusiastic about the science behind our work and finding answers to difficult questions. We are dedicated to communities affected by rare diseases, and these patients and families are the motivation for everything we do.
We have built a team with exceptional depth of experience, unified by a common vision; to develop gene therapies with the potential to positively impact the lives of the patients and families devastated by rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Though we are proud of what we have achieved to date, we remain relentlessly focused on making that vision a reality.
The Senior Product Manager, US Consumer Marketing represents the voice of the Caregiver/Patient in the SMA community. This role leads and direct the design, development, and execution of strategic and tactical caregiver/patient engagement and digital marketing plans effectively supporting the commercial objectives of inline and pipeline gene therapies.
- Identification and engagement of Caregivers/Patient in the SMA community.
- Planning and execution of focus groups and generating insights.
- Innovative peer-to-peer program, disease state and promotional medication education, speaker training, speaker content and materials for field-based training and non-personal promotional tools.
- Partners with entire US marketing and global teams, corporate communications, advocacy, marketing operations, US commercial field teams along with other cross-functional partners and vendors.
- Contributes to caregiver/patient engagement strategy and effective/compliant implementation of US marketing initiatives
- Collaborates with the overall marketing team and other internal stakeholders and communicate strategy and tactics broadly
- Develops KPIs and continually evaluate program effectiveness by targeted audience
- Manages the partnership between ZOLGENSMA and agencies, suppliers and/or vendors for assigned initiatives
- Leads projects through the legal, regulatory and medical review process
- Manages significant media budget with focus on ROI, channel optimization, precision targeting and innovative thinking
- Develops and manages video assets including patient videos, education on gene therapy, AVXS-101 and related topics on an as needed basis
- Manages the development of Direct to Consumer marketing initiatives
- Executes US marketing consumer campaigns including traditional and digital media planning, consumer advertising materials
- Manages the consumer digital ecosystem including website, CRM, social, video, display, search, patient testimonial and other paid media
- Develops patient/caregiver educational materials
- Contributes to budget, annual business and strategic plans
- Other related job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related area with 8 years of marketing experience with 5 years of US pharmaceutical brand marketing experience.
- Experience in Caregiver/patient marketing, advertising, or medical education on a pharmaceutical/healthcare brand or in market development, patient advocacy, market research, sales/ sales management or training, market access and/or commercial development areas.
- Action-oriented and possess strong relationship/communication skills.
- Ability to partner appropriately and build consensus across department and the organization.
- Background and persona to inspire other colleagues on the team as well as gain their respect.
- Ability to question and evaluate, make recommendations (written and presentations), and participate in constructive dialogue.
- Demonstrated successes in one or more areas of marketing development, execution and measurement (e.g., market research, campaign development, program development, tactical implementation, ROI analysis).
- Leading to the development of innovative solutions for building anticipation, education and awareness, as well as improve the patient experience with brand.
- Leading the development of integrated communication plans to reach potential consumers along their various touchpoints, with an emphasis on digital and social media channels.
- Highly motivated individual who can work independently, think strategically, and collaborate transversally to accomplish complex deliverables.
- Ability to travel 35-40%; including overnight/weekend commitments.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate’s qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.