Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Johnson Controls#39; Wichita operation designs, builds and distributes around one million pieces of residential heating and cooling equipment every year. Johnson Controls Wichita builds and assembles some of the biggest HVAC brands in the industry, including York, Luxaire, Coleman, Champion and Guardian.
The Wichita facility houses not only manufacturing and its staff but also the residential product engineering staff, designers, technical services, warranty, accounting, supply chain and procurement. Johnson Controls Wichita also hosts and provides factory visits to thousands of customers, suppliers and local university students each year.
The primary manufacturing campus sits on 63 acres with a total of 1.3 million square feet. It has also translated into large employment growth in Wichita, where its workforce is around 1,600 employees which is up nearly 22 percent year over year. The Wichita manufacturing facility is the largest non-aircraft manufacturing plant in Wichita.
What you will do
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is accountable for directing, planning, coordinating and implementing processes required for premier HVAC manufacturing, as well as leadership or participation in process improvement teams. This position is involved in projects to increase plant capacity, improve product quality, and improve process safety. This is done by utilizing barrier removal and data driven problem solving techniques such as five-step or Kepner Tregoe methods.
How you will do it
- Processes and documents engineering changes and modifications.
- Works to resolve and prevent trouble-shooting production issues and equipment.
- Optimizes work station layout, equipment justification, specification and installation.
- Works with Product Design Engineering on new product introductions in order to drive design for manufacturing disciplines.
- Performs data analysis to assess process capability and implement improvements
What we look for
- Bachelorrsquo;s Degree plus 7 years of experience in a related field or equivalent combined education and experience.
- Advanced level application knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office software.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated decision making ability.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles, ergonomic principles, and classic industrial engineering principles.
- Experience with fabrication processes including coils, copper and sheet metal processing.
- Strong presentation, teamwork, coaching skills, and demonstrated leadership abilities
- Must be available for up to 10% travel, including international
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.
Primary Location US-KS-Wichita
Organization Bldg Technologies Solutions