Senior Manufacturing/Project Engineer
- The position is responsible for providing engineering support to all aspects of the tactical shelters product line from design and development through start-up, production, integration and test.
- Provides engineering support to manufacturing/operations in the manufacture of tactical shelters.
- Develops manufacturing BOMs, work flow routers, work instructions for new designs and build to print projects.
- Develops tooling approaches and leads tool design and fabrication efforts for new product builds.
- Analyzes and develops processes for manufacturing tolerance control.
- Embraces continuous improvement in developing, documenting, evaluating and implementing safety, environmental and cost improvement ideas.
- Creates technical training documentation and conducts training with manufacturing operators.
- Provides technical disposition and root cause and corrective action responses to nonconforming hardware.
- Supports design and development of military tactical shelters covering such areas as detail fabrication, adhesive bonded panels, mechanical assembly and basic lighting and power systems.
- Researches and analyzes data, such as customer design proposals, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Supports the development of technical data packages by coordinating with CAD designers to address customer requirements, producibility, and unit production cost.
- Develops presentations and conducts design reviews with both internal and external customers.
- Coordinates development of quality requirements, methods and tools as required.
- Contributes to the successful completion of major programs and projects.
- Leads small to medium technical tasks, teams and projects.
- Leads small technical proposals and provides significant contributions to larger sized proposals including technical writing, BOM development and material, labor, tooling and NRE estimates.
- Uses creative and innovative approaches along with advanced decision-making skills to meet program and project cost and schedule requirements.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Presents a professional appearance and effective communication skills while working with various departments across the company, senior managers within and outside of Engineering and with external customers (DOD and prime contractors) and subcontractors to address all technical requirements.
- Mentors and may supervise or manage lower labor grades in mechanical principles and project performance.
- Domestic and foreign travel may be required.
- Has mechanical aptitude and strong analytical ability to resolve technical issues, develop new products and develop creative and innovative ideas and solutions.
- Highly skilled in written and verbal communication, demonstrating strong proficiency in writing technical papers, proposals and work instructions.
- Strong knowledge with technical standards, manufacturing/fabrication methods, government/industry standards.
- Capability with solid modeling CAD tools to create mechanical models and accompanying drawings a plus.
THIRD PARTY AGENCIES, SUBCONTRACTORS, AND RECRUITERS NEED NOT APPLY. Applicants received from firms will not be considered. Subcontracting is not available for this position.