Glosten, Inc. (equal opportunity employer) is seeking a senior marine consultant to join our growing firm in Seattle, WA. Glosten is a respected leader in providing engineering and consulting services to the global marine community. Established in 1958, we are employee-owned and committed to the professional growth of our associates. We work in teams, we do cool projects, and we enjoy a stimulating, fast-paced, and collegial environment.
For over 60 years, we've solved some of the world's most unique marine challenges from our office on Seattle's vibrant waterfront. Our view of a bustling port, a neighboring shipyard, and vessels crossing Puget Sound provide a constant reminder that the work we do stretches far beyond our community. Our new Providence office continues to expand the reach of our services.
Please visit our website (www.glosten.com) to learn more about our company, our projects and clients, and what is happening at Glosten.
Interested applicants should submit theircover letter andresumeto for review.
Successful Glosten Associates:
- Strive for excellence.
- Demonstrate a mutual respect for coworkers in a culture of collaboration, integrity, and innovation.
- Are willing to take on our clients' problems as our own, become the clients' advocate, and cultivate long-term client relationships.
- Demonstrate excellent written, verbal, and graphical communication.
- Demonstrate a passion for the maritime industry.
- Are motivated to identify and pursue internal and external professional growth opportunities, including areas outside their specific discipline.
Marine consulting position focusing on maritime industry related projects. General projects will focus on strategic planning, asset and capital planning, financial modeling, management systems, construction contracting and feasibility studies. This position will include supervision and guidance of staff members regarding overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, and policy matters. The successful applicant will be required to makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have far-reaching impact on the professional and related activities of the company.
Required Skills and Experience
- 25 years of experience in marine-related consulting and project management including proposal development, work scope definition, client interaction, and task completion. Experience in the direct support of clients.
- Familiarity and general knowledge of all aspects of marine construction and vessel acquisition planning.
- Experience in contract management, fabrication, installation and procedural establishment.
- Effective technical communication skills in verbal, written, and graphic formats.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software packages.
- Ability to define, manage, and carry-out feasibility studies in support of client needs and direction.
Responsibility for Direction of Others
- Supervises, coordinates and reviews the work of other professional staff.
- Participates in project management, company planning, and staff development.
- This position requires the ability to work in the field at client offices, shipyards, and onboard vessels of all types. Consultants must be able to climb ladders and navigate walkways and gangways, and to easily transfer onto and off of a ship. Work in confined spaces such as engine rooms and tanks may be required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. Due to project restrictions, Glosten will only consider applicants with unrestricted access to work in the United States or those eligible for TN visas.
- Travel is required. Some project assignments may require extended deployments away from the office. A valid driver's license, current passport, and TWIC card are required.
Glosten offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental coverage, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, bonus and profit-sharing plans, and a 401(k) plan.
Glosten is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Glosten does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, handicap, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
We encourage women, minorities, veterans, disabled veterans, and the disabled to apply for this position.
Interested applicants should submit the following items in order to be considered for the position
- Cover letter.
Applicants missing any documentation will not be considered.