Join Land O'Lakes, and you join boundless thinkers and doers from all walks of life working together to feed the world. Take pride in working with some of America's favorite brands, including Purina Animal Nutrition, WinField United, Vermont Creamery and KozyShack, and more.
You'll be joining a team committed to e verything from the seeds that go into the ground, to the technology that improves crop yields and sustainability, to the grain that animals eat to produce milk, to marketing the final product, like our many legendary products.
We're looking for audacious optimists and innovative thinkers to help us meet food's toughest challenges.
Senior Marketing Analyst
Responsible for compiling and interpreting data, formulating reports and clearly disseminating information for Crop Nutrient's agriculture retail owners, sales team and procurement team. This position will lead a collaborative effort between the sales and procurement staff to ensure that our owners receive the best market intelligence available by effectively communicating with owners and internal staff. The Crop Nutrients business is located in Ames, IA.
- Drives the gathering of Market Intelligence information and interprets how this can impact the North American fertilizer market.
- Identifies opportunities on how we roll our Market Intelligence information into the market.
- Prepares and assists in preparing daily/weekly/monthly market information and other communications for our owners and internal staff.
- Clearly disseminates appropriate information to owners and internal staff.
- Possesses the ability to analyze supply/demand data for fertilizer products.
- Reviews and analyzes industry reports and publications for pertinent market intelligence.
- Maintains Crop Nutrients dashboard information.
- Develops graphs, reports and presentations for owners and internal staff.
- Helps to prepare material for various outlook meetings
- Assists team members in market research and analysis.
- Able to gather market information from owners and sales staff to prepare regionalized market focused data.
- Recognizes and communicates market changes to stakeholders including investigating and responding to daily market-related questions and discussing market dynamics with stakeholders.
- Participates in internal market analysis meetings to provide information and data along with challenging market options.
- Converts current data repository to SharePoint and then maintains information database.
- Works with IT to more efficiently gather, store and disseminate data and information to stakeholders.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises 1 staff; Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance mid-year and annually; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Organizational Skills - Prioritizes and plans work activities for the marketing team; Aligns work with strategic goals; Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and in a timely manner; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Contributes to building and interacting within a team environment in a positive, can-do attitude; Upholds organizational values and meets productivity standards; Follows instructions and responds to management direction; Possesses the ability to successfully multi-task in busy and, at times, stressful environment.
Customer Service - Able to deal with people in a professional manner; Responds promptly to customer needs for service and assistance; Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Works well in group problem solving situations; Able to deal with frequent delays or unexpected events; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Maintains strict confidentiality; Keep emotions under control; Communicates effectively with other employees, customers, vendors and staff; Speak clearly and listens to get clarification when needed; Responds well to questions; Ability to initiate and maintain business relationships by phone; Demonstrates attention to detail.
Self-Management - Uses time efficiently; Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; Reacts well under pressure; Gathers and analyses information skillfully, thoroughly and accurately; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics; Capable to work independently and takes responsibility for own actions; Treats other with respect and consideration; Works with integrity and ethically; Is consistently at work and on time; Monitors own work to ensure quality; Adapts to changes in the work environment; Must be willing and able to work long or irregular hours during peak season (including weekends and evenings, as workload dictates).
Education and/or Experience - Bachelor's degree in a related field and 5 years marketing experience, or a minimum of 10 years marketing experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. People management and agriculture industry experience preferred.
Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents, general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, supervisors, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills - Ability to apply concepts of basic math and algebra and calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume. Presents numerical data effectively.
Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills - Must have basic computer software understanding for accurate data entry and reporting; Experience in Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet and Word programs.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Current Driver's License, driving record must meet company/insurance guidelines.
Other Skills, Abilities, and Qualifications - Strong and effective communication and organizational skills are essential. Must be able to multitask with several projects occurring at the same time. Must be able to travel 20%-40% of the time or as needed; Overnight travel may be required.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, and to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk or stand and is regularly required to sit and drive for long periods of time. All vision abilities are required to encompass close-up work and driving ability. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions while traveling in assigned territory. Conditions in the office environment are quiet to moderate.
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O'Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O'Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
- EOE is the Law ( English | Spanish | Chinese )
- EOE is the Law Supplement ( English | Spanish | Chinese )
- Land O'Lakes EOE Policy Statement
- Pay Transparency Notice
- Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Concierge Services
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Vacation/paid time off
- On Site Cafeteria
- Flexible Schedules
- Free Food and Coffee
- Long Term Disability
- Paid sick days
- Health Care On Site
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Events
- Work From Home
- Employee Referral Program
- Life Insurance
- Donation-Matching Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts