At HopeHealth, success is measured by the heartfelt care we unconditionally provide to patients in our communities. Our passionate, highly-skilled professionals bring comfort and dignity to patients and their families through hospice care, palliative care, home care, grief support, and dementia and Alzheimer's services. As a major teaching affiliate for hospice and palliative care of the Warren Alpert School of Medicine of Brown School of Medicine, our reach is wide and impact profound. We are proud to be one of the largest and oldest not-for-profit hospice and palliative care organizations in New England. Join our organization and see how your talents can make an impact in the lives of others.
HopeHealth is seeking an experienced Senior Communication Specialist to join our dynamic marketing team. This is a full-time position based at our headquarters located in Providence, RI. The Senior Communication Specialist wears multiple hats and works across all levels and functions of our organization and is primarily responsible for creating written content and building and maintaining HopeHealth presence in the media.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Creates written content across various digital, social and print channels, as appropriate to the purpose and target audience.
- Authors blogs to share HopeHealth stories and on topics relevant to our service lines.
- Actively participates in the development and execution of multichannel marketing campaigns.
- Supports corporate communication needs including executive communications.
- Proactively builds relationships with local and regional media outlets.
- Helps identify unique story angles to pitch to the media that align with HopeHealth' s growth and reputation goals.
- Champions new pitch and story ideas to garner media placement.
- Develops, writes, and edits public relations materials, including press releases and op-ed articles.
- Monitors media and proactively creates content to insert HopeHealth into the conversation on current news relevant to our service lines.
- Collaborates in the management of HopeHealth social and digital marketing communication channels.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of five years of experience, preferably in healthcare.
- Solid copywriting, editing and content creation skills including story telling with the ability to adapt style, tone, and voice to varied content types and audiences, while staying on-brand and on-message.
- Experience with media relations required.
- Strong working knowledge of digital and social media marketing.
- Excellent proofreading skills, with an eye for detail.
- Valid driver's license, automobile insurance and own transportation.
- Self-starter highly organized individual with ability to shift priorities with changing circumstances
- Strong communication skills and ability to easily connect with others.
- Highly motivated, deadline oriented and self-disciplined individual with ability to simultaneously manage multiple assignments.
- Competitive health benefits
- Company matched retirement plan
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Mileage reimbursement
- Company provided life insurance
Our Beliefs on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
HopeHealth strives to nurture a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels they belong. By embracing and celebrating diversity, we can attract the best talent and provide the best care to patients and families of all backgrounds.
All qualified professionals - inclusive of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age and ability - are warmly welcome at HopeHealth.