The Big Picture
Do you have an eye for graphic design? Are you a skilled writer and an editing whiz? Do you love interacting with dynamic teams and managing projects to completion? If so, you'll want to check this out! Mortenson has an exciting opening for a Senior Marketing Coordinator!
The Senior Marketing Coordinator is responsible for working with the business development team, marketing coordinators, and construction teams to create compelling responses to RFP’s to meet customer requirements and differentiate Mortenson in the market.
About Our Company
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience.
Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" 38 times regionally over the past decade… what are you waiting for?
In this role, the Senior Marketing Coordinator will coordinate proposals and presentations while supporting all marketing and communications efforts for the operating group including but not limited to:
- Lead coordination and execution of proposals and marketing materials using the Adobe Creative Suite (primarily InDesign on a Mac platform)
- Gather, verify, write and format information from multiple internal and external sources under strict deadlines
- Ensure accuracy of timely proposals and marketing materials
- Technical scope
- Staff qualification and experience
- Project Information
- Maintain marketing files and systems (SalesForce, proposal files, etc.)
- Collect and update project profiles and team member resume content
- Assemble, write, create and edit marketing and communications collateral supporting sales, business development, and project pursuit using the Adobe Creative Suite (primarily InDesign) on a Mac platform
- Award Submissions (multiple project, company, and team member)
- News releases
- Electronic and print mailings
- Social media posts, etc.
- Other duties as assigned, including:
- Assemble information, write, and edit internal Mortenson newsletters
- Maintain and manage professional photos of Mortenson team members
- Assist marketing team with proposal preparation and production needs
- Attend jobsite visits for events and to gather information as each job progresses
- Assist with communication and planning of internal events
- Operating group annual meeting
- Office-wide safety meetings
- Other office-wide events
- Assist projects in event planning and attend
- Topping off
KEY SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative suite, specifically an in-depth knowledge of Adobe InDesign with a good understanding of graphic sensitivity and visual hierarchy (creating large multi-page documents using master pages, paragraph and character styles, preflight, creating margins, packaging files, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point
- Ability to organize and design multiple assignments
- Can focus on details and be thorough while working under tight deadlines
- Adaptive, effective communication and interpersonal skills with those of diverse organizational levels and backgrounds
KEY SKILL PREFERENCES
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
- Enjoys researching and developing accurate and cohesive written narratives
- Understand of Salesforce, One Note, SharePoint and OpenAsset
- Understanding of and experience creating strategic content for social media
- Strong customer needs focus and orientation, with an energetic and positive attitude
- Ability to create systems and processes, and seek out additional responsibilities
- Knowledge of the A/E/C industry
- Understanding of B2B marketing
- Likes working in a team and independently with a can-do attitude
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Journalism, Graphic Design or a related field
- Minimum of five years of experience in marketing / proposal management
- Minimum of two years of experience in the construction, engineering, or architectural industry preferred
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.